Fourteen

Alonso
Two days later

"You gave up on ole boy already?" Arnold asked with a laugh and I side eyed him. Work ended so we went to get a drink, he claimed I looked like I needed one.

  "Yeah, he's not fucking with it" I half lied, I didn't tell anyone not even Tash about what happened between us because I knew he wouldn't want that out there,shit I'm surprised he let me do it.

  "Yeah he was though y'all look at each other how me and my baby momma look at each other. A whole lot of you better not and you know better" he said as I took a sip of my drink. The worst part about it all was that I knew he wasn't sorry for shooting Vernon, he didn't give a fuck and that's what pissed me off, he doesn't care about the consequences.

   "You're cappin" I cringed I sounded like Tash, after what happened with Nassiah I had drove to her place, I was mad I didn't realize how mad until we started talking about it and I punched a whole in her wall- she just put a painting over it for now.

     "Maybe find someone to go home with tonight?" I looked around not drunk enough to have a one night stand with a female. Due to me leaning towards boys I had to really like a female to mess with them or be drunk off my ass.

   "What's so good about him anyway! He seems like a dick to me"

  "He is, and a bratt and it's like he acts so hard and has so many walls getting to know him is so hard but when he opens up even a little it's just worth it..or was worth it" I said shrugging it off, it was something you live and learn than never do again.

"You're heart is to good, someone will come around for you" he said licking his lips "like maybe your fine ass new best friend" he said that on purpose probably just to get a reaction out of me. I seen how he looks at Tash and it's going to get worse because I invited her out tonight. Tash heart was big but the females she hangs around are hating females, like they've been talking down on her business so others wouldn't come and just corny stuff and I seen her work hard into that so I understand why she's so upset.

"You stay away from her, she don't need no step kid" I said as I finished the first one and flagged the bartender down for another.

"Well I can make her a mama as well, my kids are beautiful" he said cheesing but the smile faded as soon as he saw me open my mouth.

"She look like her mama not your ugly ass" I said before I felt a hand on my shoulder only to see Tash cheesing on the other side of me.

" my fault I hadda drive Mac to his first good party" she said cheesing my eyes only rolled slightly, the reason behind it had nothing to do with Tash but the fact Mac was probably only going because Nassiah because last time I checked he was trying to find a way to break the news that he swung the opposite way, but u doubt Nassiah would actually care.

"You left him in the hood?" Arnold asked from the other side of me laughing. "Poor dude, poor poor dude" he laughed as I took another sip of my dark liquor.

"Nah not poor, people not finna touch him- Donnie got less than a month till he come out and Everyone know Nas shot V" she whispered "people thought Nas was going soft- he still crazy" she said holding quotation marks around the crazy part. He wasn't crazy more less an idiot, I shrugged off the idea of him realistically I didn't meet the boy that long ago and he wouldn't be hard to get out of my system- but you know when you're struggling with something and you give up but you keep thinking about it? Yeah. But it's still fuck it.

  "Whose your friend Zo?" I looked over to Arnold and laughed a bit taking the last sip of my drink.

   "Y'all get acquainted, I need a distraction" I mumbled walking away from the bar there was not in the slightest interested in them nor what they had to talk about and then someone tapped me I turned around to see a blushing white boy, he turned his head only for my eyes to follow him looking back at a small group of girls who gave him a thumbs up.

He turned back to him his blue eyes looking st me and his cheeks getting redder I smiled softly, I think I understood.

"H-hi I'm uh oh shit this is going back" he whispered to himself making me chuckle at the innocence in front of me. Shy- I can work with that.

"Alonso nice too meet you beautiful" He cheesed a bit more.

"Maurice, I'm Maurice and you're sexy- well hot I don't know how to do this really" I nodded smile still on my lips.

"Well what are you trying to accomplish?"

His blush got deeper and I could already tell I needed to step closer to get an answer but he did "um your number, unless you don't swing that ki" I thought for a moment not for his question but to see if I wanted to open the possibilities with the person in front of me.

"I'll give you my number if you go out to lunch with me tomorrow" I said taking out my phone, "so do we have a deal?"