5: Cradle Robbing

Naimah

"Yay! Look at mommy's baby go!" I cheered Rani on as I pushed her back and forth on the swings. 

Soraya was on the bigger swing next to her softly rocking back and forth makng small talk. We decided to have an outting as best friends because we don't get very much time together anymore since staring a new school semster, work and me having Rani. She was telling me about she and Issa's relationship when I suddenly got the urge to pee.

"Ooh, Raya. Watch Rani for a minute please, I have to potty." I danced around like a little kid. 

"Girl, go." She said watching me and laughing as I quickly ran off in the direction of the bathrooms.

Soraya

I was watching the swing Rani was on as she giggled and softly swung back and forth. She kicked her little chubby legs and waved her arms in excitement when I gave the swing another soft push to give her some more height. I continued to watch her when I felt another person's prescence in front of me. I looked up and saw the most beautiful piece of chocolate I've ever seen. I mean don't get me wrong I love my Issa but it is okay to look sometimes.

"Hi, I'm Devin." He flashed me a gorgeous pearly white smile and extended his hand. 

"I'm Soraya." I responded coolly with a smile placing my hand in his and giving it a firm shake. 

"Nice to meet you. I couldn't help but to noitice your breathtaking beauty from across the street." Devin slyly told me with a smile. 

"Aw, thanks." I replied blushing. 

We began holding a subtle conversation then when he pulled out a piece of paper to write down his number it flew out of my hand and when I turned to get it I heard him scream something about a baby. I quickly turned around and both he and Rani were gone. What the fuck! How could I be so careless? My best friend is gonna kill me. I ran off looking to see what direction he went and people were just standing by as if nothing happened. 

Some were watching and others ventured off to help me search but I had no idea what to do. I sighed as tears began to fall and walked back towards the swing sets and Naia was walking up. I looked up at her with tears on my face and flooding my eyes afraid of telling her what had just happened.

"Raya, what's wrong? Where's my princess?" 

"I don't know." I murmured and shook my head in disbelief.

"Soraya, girl stop playing. Where's Rani?" She laughed thinking I was playing some sort of joke on her. I really wish I was because this was about to kill her.

"Naia...I'm not. I was talking to this guy and I turned for a second and she was..." I began to trail off because I didn't wanna speak those words.

"You telling me someone took my baby?" Naimah began tearing up.

"I'm so sorry..." I whispered and fell to the ground. 

I balled my fist up and bang them against the mulch on the playground. I felt like such a bad friend and god mother. I didn't think I just acted, and I acted so stupidly. I heard Naimah scream out and she took off running while bawling her eyes out. 

Jacquees

I sped through the busy downtown Atlanta streets hurrying to get to Victoria Park. Naimah called me crying her eyes out saying it was something about Rani and I didn't even let her finish I just came right away. I'm hurriedly steering my car praying that it's nothing seriously wrong with my baby girl because everything has been going so well. 

I pulled up to the park and I spotted Naimah's car but I didn't see her anywhere in sight. I hopped out of my ride and fastly walked through the park looking for them. I was about to go in another direction when I saw both Naimah and Soraya by the swingset sitting across from each other. I jogged up to them and as I got closer I could faintly head Naimah weeping.

"Naia, ma, what happened?" I soflty spoke to her kneeling next to her. 

She looked up at me with puffy red eyes and I barely recognized her. Something had to be seriously wrong for her to be this much of a trainwreck.

"They took her.." She whispered.

"What?" I said making a crooked face trying to make sure I correctly heard her.

"Someone kidnapped our baby, Que...." She said looking me dead in the eyes.

My eyes instantly filled up with tears and I yelled because I couldn't believe this shit. Someone's always fucking with Naia and I hate it, but my baby girl, that's where the line is crossed. Some nigga's gon' have to see 6 feet for sure.