8: Plottin' and Schemin'

IMPORTANT: The last chapter, 7, was private so you may not see it if you don't follow me. If you do follow me and can't see it then unfollow and refollow me and it should work. DO NOT read any further if you haven't read chapter 7. However, if you have, carry on & enjoy!

Naimah

I woke up from my deep sleep and felt my body being moved. I slightly opened my eyes to see the person was Cameron and I quickly shut them back as if I was trying to escape a bad dream. I kept my eyes closed and began to silently pray because who knew where he was taking me or what he was going to do to me. My thoughts were interrupted when he roughly pushed me into the passenger seat of his car and slammed the door shut. I watch closely as he walked around to his side of the car then abruptly stopped when a call came through on his phone.

I continued to monitor his movements with my hand resting on the handle and my legs ready to run. Finally he turned his back and I threw the door open and took off running. I ran in the direction opposite the one he was going and I saw Dustin and quickly came to a halt. He looked so unfamiliar as he closed in on me and gently grabbed me to what I knew was to return me to Cameron.

"Ah, Dustin thanks man!" I heard Cameron exclaim as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

When I heard that my body completely froze. I looked up at Dustin and definitely did not recognize the man looking at me. The love and passion I used to in his eyes was replaced by a wicked glare I had never seen before. He took my arms from around his body and pushed me into Cameron.

"Yeah, where's my money, man?" He asked Cameron.

"Later." Was the last thing I heard from Cameron before I blacked out.

*****

I opened my eyes and peered around the dimly lit room where I was. Where am I? How did I get here? My questions were soon answered when I head footsteps and a lightswitch turn on. I didn't remember anything from earlier until I saw Cameron and beside him was Dustin and a female. I wasn't too sure who she was but she was a beautiful young girl who looked to be somewhere around my age and faintly resembled Cameron's baby's mother, Chloe.

My heart felt to the bottom of my stomach because I didn't know what was about to happen. Then again it could not be worse than what had already taken place. I still could not wrap my mind around the fact that my "angel" Dustin was everything but. Tears started to form in the wells of my eyes as I thought back on a similar occasion like this in the past when my father took me from my mother to pay back a debt he owed to some men. I suppose some thing may never change.

Cameron came closer to me and sat down putting his arm around my shoulders, I flinched just a little never taking my eyes off of Dustin.

"What's wrong, Naia? Did my partner here do something to hurt you?" Cameron asked in a fake concerned tone as if he did not already know the story.

"Look, man, I'm not your partner. I'm just paying you back a favor." Dustin said not daring to look me in my eyes.

"Damn, what favor is that Dustin?" I choked up barely letting the words escape my throat.

Dustin just shook his head and lowered it because he knew he had done wrong. The young girl had an annoyed look on her face and sighed.

"Man, can we just do this or what?" She smacked her teeth and rolled her eyes.

"Look, Chynna! You're doing what I say. Got it?" Cameron yelled at her. "Now, let Naimah here know how you've taken care of her daughter for the past few days. Being a nice little mommy to her and all."

"...Thank you." I hesitantly told the girl because I was confused as to why she would be here apart of this torture if she'd taken care of Rani.

"Oh, don't think me. It's just gotten me a step closer to get you out of my way." She replied with a sly smirk, folding her arms.