12: Sucka

Jacquees

"Ja, you're always so distant lately. What's going on?" Aleisha asked while playing in my dreads.

"Nothing. I'm good, ma." I lied to her, focusing on the road, trying to push it to the back of my mind.

Aleisha just furrowed her eyebrows and softly groaned because she knew I was lying. I just could not tell her what I'm going through though. Mainly because I know she'll get jealous. Hell, jealous isn't even the word. She's going to be mad as hell. Truth be told, I'm not feeling this between us anymore. If we're not fucking, we're nothing, as harsh as that sounds it's nothing but the truth. There's no real connection between Aleisha and I, at least not one that I feel. These past six weeks since Naia's been heavily back in the picture that's where my heart has been. As if it ever left her. Naimah is always going to have my heart but something in my heart keeps telling me there is something with Aleisha that I'm missing. I feel like Naimah may know something I don't because I tend to find she and Aleisha always giving each other these glares when she comes to drop Rani off or just anytime she's around.

I suppose I will find out what exactly is going on there but later. For now I'm going to enjoy myself at my birthday party. I have to say this is not the life I expected to be living by the time I turned 20 but I'm grateful to be alive and healthy through it all. Beyond that, I have a beautiful little girl and family who love me dearly and I love the same. Oh, and yeah then there's Aleisha. I parked my Mustang and turned it off, removing the key from the ignition and quickly hopping out. I was checking out my reflection in Issa's truck when I heard my car door slam. I looked to my left and Aleisha was standing there with her arms folded.

"Girl, what's your problem?" I asked her raising and eyebrow.

"What happened to your manner? You don't open doors for women anymore?" She complained walking closer to me.

"Man, chill out! I was coming!"

"Yeah, you don't take that long for Naimah." She mumbled walking away.

"Oh my God! You're jealous!" I burst out in laughter because it honestly was funny. She still manages to be jealous of Naimah. She must know what everyone else knows.

"Yeah, whatever. You'll see, she's not right for you and I am." She gave a smile as if she was satisfied with what she thought to be true and linked her arms through mine.

I just rolled my eyes and continued walking. Before I reached the door I could hear Chris Brown's "Loyal" blasting. I opened the door and let Leisha walk in before me then following. A few people turned their glances my way and greeted me with "happy birthday's" and "hello's". I did receive a few confused glances when some people realized Aleisha was with me so I guessed Naimah was here or had been here. I continued my little walk through, greeting the guests and family then Leisha and I finally reached the VIP table that was for me and all of my people were there waiting with big smiles.

There was my mom, my sister, Issa, Soraya, Boakie, and of course, Naia. A confused look plastered on my face when I realized my baby girl wasn't there but it quickly went away when I heard those little feet of her's and that giggle heading my way. I looked down and she was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of the both of us that said "Happy 20th Birthday, Daddy". I heard Aleisha scoff and get into her jealous little ways when I picked Rani up and began showing her all of my attention. She'll be okay.

"Hi, Chynna. I mean, hey Aleisha," Naimah came over to us and gave a smile. "Happy birthday, kid!" She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Thanks, baby girl." I returned her smile and kissed her cheek ignoring the fact that she's always calling Aleisha the name Chynna to make her mad.

******

The party was winding down a bit after everyone had eaten and I opened my gifts but it was time for me to give an announcement and thank everyone for coming.

"Hey, hey, ayeeeee." I spoke into the microphone trying to get everyone's attention. "Alright, so, I just wanna say thank you to everyone for being here. I really appreciate it, all of you made my 20th birthday such a special one. I thank God, my mama, my grandparents and everyone who's been there through this journey of life. My biggest thank you though, will always go to my heart and my best friend, my heart, Naimah."

When I spoke her name I got there expected mixed reviews from the crowd who I'm sure was confused and of course, I received a deadly glare from Aleisha. None of that really mattered because the smile Naia had on her face was all that mattered. Maybe I'm wrong for having a girlfriend and still being crazy over my ex like this but when you find that one true love you just know. Naimah did more than give me her heart, she gave birth to my world, and I'll never be able to repay her for that. I guess I'm always gon' be a sucka for Naia, but can you blame me?

*********

I know this is long overdue and I apologize but school is a bit stressful yal.

I'll have part 2 posted later today though! Thanks babies.

Luvvvvv.

-Nee