6: Pieces of the Puzzle

Jacquees

"Man, look. It don't matter what we do as long as them fuck boys get their's and I get my baby girl back!" I yelled in frustration at my crew.

My niggas Issa, Pook and Red were over at my house sitting around the coffe table trying to figure out how we were going to handle the situation at hand. It's been three days since my princess has been missing and I cannot go on another day without her. I can't handle the fact that my first daughter is out there in the possession of some malicious ass nigga for whatever reason. I won't even begin to think about what he may do or may have done to my baby girl. All I know is I want her back.

I was in deep thought with my arms resting on my knees and my head in my hands when I felt a soft hand on my shoulder. I knew already it was Aleisha because Naimah has barely left her house since she went back Saturday. I looked up at her and she had a genuine smile playing on her lips.

"Hey babe. How are you?" She asked me pushing my dreads out of my face.

"I'm aight..." I blankly answered putting my head back down.

"Hmm. Look I have been trying to avoid saying this but..."

"But what, Leisha?" I asked her with a hint of aggravation in my tone.

"You think your baby mama's boyfriend has anything to do with this?" She asked and I popped my head up quickly. "You did say you heard him saying some shady shit on the phone a week or two ago." Aleisha added and I quickly jumped up with my fists balled up.

"THIS IS ALL THAT BITCH'S FAULT!" I yelled kicking a side table over and heading towards the closet where I kept my gun.

"Hey, Que, man calm down! You know Naimah has nothing to do with this. I don't know why you're believing this ho!" Issa came up to me blocking me from the closet.

"Man, move. Don't call Aleisha a ho when she's only looking out for me! If Naia hadn't been so stubborn and listened to my warnings my baby wouldn't be gone!" I retorted and pushed him as hard as I could to get out of my way.

"You know that's not even true." Pook added in.

"Man, you know what, all y'all niggas leave! You wanna take that bitch side then go! It's her fault and she gon' deal with this." I screamed putting my gun in my waistband of my jeans.

I told Aleisha I'd be back and stormed out of the house. I hopped in my ride and headed over to Naimah's apartment.

Naimah

I lay in my baby's room on her floor holding her blanket close to me to get a good whiff of her scent and remember what it's like to have her around. It's not working much but it subsides some of the pain for a moment. Soraya and Nylah have been here for the past few days to watch me and keep me calm because I have honestly been on the verge of going crazy. The exact moment I thought things in my life were possibly getting better, my world is turned completely upside down once again. This may be the worst time ever though.

I was startled from my moment when I heard a loud banging on my door. I quickly jumped up and ran to my room to get the pistol Jacquees had me keep just for protection. I tried to get it before one of them opened the door but it was too late.

"Where the fuck is Naimah?" I heard Jacquees scream and I placed the gun on my dresser and walked to the front of my apartment where he was standing as if he was ready to kill something or someone.

"Ja, why are you here doing all of this?" I asked him in confusion.

"Because it's your fault our daughter is gone! That fuck nigga of your's to be exact!" He yelled at me backing me into the wall. "I told you not to fuck with that nigga and you don't listen! I tried to warn you about the shit I heard him say BUT YOU DO NOT FUCKING LISTEN! Now our daughter's missing because you wanna be a bitch and not listen to me." He screamed at me and I could see rage all in his eyes.