TWENTY-ONE

A GENTLE NUDGE TO ANYA'S SHOULDER woke her up as she blinked blearily

A GENTLE NUDGE TO ANYA'S SHOULDER woke her up as she blinked blearily. Her eyes narrowed until her vision cleared and she saw the face of one Joseph Mazzello grinning towards her. "Rise and shine, babe! We're here!" He happily said and Anya straightened up, seeing a line of people leaving the plane.

She promptly stood up and was about to pick up her hand-carried baggage when Joe's arm stopped her, "Let me carry it. Ben will have my head if he learned that I didn't act like a gentleman with you." He quipped and grabbed the small bag from her, earning a laugh from Anya before she sassed him, "Does that mean you're only going to act like a gentleman because Ben told you so?"

What Anya said made Joe playfully frown as he put his hand to his chest, feigning hurt, "You got me there, who knew you could be so sassy? Did Ben teach you that?"

Anya shoved him slightly, "Shut up, Joseph. Go back to your cardboard cutout of Ben." She pouted while Joe smirked, "Dearie, you only spent a month with Ben and now you're acting like him. You guys are truly soulmates." He guffawed loudly, causing some passengers to look at them but he ignored it and strolled out the plane, his hand intertwined with hers as he hauled Anya with him.

The latter sentence made Anya's cheeks turn pink, you're truly soulmates. The words rang into her head repetitively so she shook her head, removing the thoughts out her mind and held Joe's hand tightly, slowly entering the memory when she met Joe, a soft smile appeared on her face unconsciously.

It was late afternoon and Anya was resting her head on Ben's chest as he hummed Killer Queen underneath his breath, tenderly tracing circles on her palm as the television blared out Brooklyn Nine-Nine, one of her favorite shows of all time.

Ben's eyes intently watched the series, it was from season 5 and the episode featured Jake Peralta proposing to Amy Santiago through the usual Halloween Heist. Anya had watched the particular scene thousands of times already but when she learned that Ben has never in his life watched a single episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, she made sure for him to watch all of it. So, now they have spent the past two days binge-watching and even if Ben hated to admit it, he could see the resemblance of their relationship with Jake and Amy's.

Except for the fact that Jake and Amy had a rough start before eventually dating, he could see himself taking care of Anya just like Jake does to Amy. And Boyle's definitely the embodiment of Joe. He thought, subconsciously chuckling out loud at the image.

"Why are you laughing?" Anya questions curiously, seeing the amused expression on his face as he continued laughing, "I just noticed that Joe is uncannily similar to Boyle."

Anya giggled, the resemblance invading her thoughts and they spent a few minutes cracking up before the sound of the doorbell distracting them. Ben stood up and peered through the peephole, seeing who it was, he opened the door and was instantly greeted with a yell, "What's up, bitch!"