Chapter 18| Surprises and Even More Surprises

A few days had passed and it was back to school. School was normal until I saw her.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath. I switched on my phone and checked the date. I mentally slapped myself when I saw the date. When I saw her walking towards me, I quickly spun on my heel and started speed walking in the other direction, hoping she didn't see me.

"Nick! Nick! Nikki!" Crap, never mind. I slowly turned around to face her. "Yes Rosa?" I said, in the rudest voice I could come up with. She looked taken back as a flash of hurt was shown in her eyes. I looked at her, confused. I removed that thought and my mind was quickly filled with another. If they had come back, why didn't they call me back home?

Rosa seemed to have read my mind as she replied, "They decided to stay there for longer."

"Why?" I glared.

She shrugged, simply. "I didn't bother to ask, I needed to catch up at school." I just stared at her, absolutely frazzled. She changed. A lot.

"Why are you being nice to me?" I blurted out, being absolutely blunt and honest. She looked slightly shocked, but she understood why I asked that.

She stared at me like I had never seemed to notice it. "Just know that you were supposed to come home. Just stay with them if you want." She said, monotonously and with that she left me alone in the hallway.

Completely shocked and confused, I walked over to the cafeteria and sat in my normal seat. I heard a tray slam on the table, snapping me out of my thoughts. My head shot up to see Rocky with a scowl on face, muttering some words quite harshly to herself.

"So... I take it something's wrong?" I cautiously drawled.

"Something's wrong? Oh is something wrong?! Of course something's wrong?! I can't even! That girl- she- urrrgghh!!" She groaned, pulling at her hair. "Who?" I munch on a fry from my lunch. "That bitch Jenifer. What's her goddamn problem?! Why won't she leave me alone?" She yells, rather loudly.

Stilling chewing on my fry, I added, "You do realize I will not have any idea what you're talking about till you tell me." She hands me a harsh glare but continues, "She embarrassed me in front of the full class in P.E." She groaned.

"What did she do?" I questioned, finishing the last of my fries.

"We had to play soccer and that bi- jer- buttface", she struggled to find the word finally landing on this one," decided to trip me in front of everybody. I landed face first into grass Nick. It was soooo embarrassing." She yelled.

"I just pray we don't run into any 'buttfaces' anytime soon." She prayed.

"Well, I guess not everybody's wish can come true." I glared straight ahead. Confused, Rocky slowly turned around only to be met with three girls in skimpy dresses and caked faces.

"Yes?" I asked in a sickly voice.

"Oh, I just came over to see how Rolly's face is doing." She snickered. Rolly- I mean Rocky, was glaring at her. I know this line is used metaphorically and exaggerates a little too much, but if looks could kill, I'm pretty sure Jennifer would have died but then died another 10 times even after being dead, due to how harsh Rocky's glare was.

"How's yours? I'm pretty sure it's suffocating under all that... Fake." She made circular hand motions at her face while saying this. She scoffed and had her mouth slightly open before retorting with a glare and a smirk.

"If I were that ugly, I'd be a miserable bitch too." Rocky just rolled her eyes at the comment and kept quiet but she had this evil glint in her eyes, indicating that this wasn't over yet.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" She snarled. By this time, rocky was already up but know started walking towards Jennifer.

"If I don't respond to your 'insult' that means whatever I wanted to say was too mean and I decided to let you live." Rocky sassed back.

Jenifer just rolled her eyes but Rocky continued," Also Jen," she drawled in a sickly tone, "I need you to go somewhere for me." She took this as a challenge and stepped forward.

"Oh yeah, where? In your boyfriend's bed." I rolled my eyes at her immaturity. The win for this battle was definitely going to Rocky.

Rocky just smirked as she responded, "No... It's to a place called FUCK OFF." This widened Jennifer's eyes, "and it's located over there." She deviously smiled, pointing far away from where we were.

Jenifer just scoffed and walked away with her posse. I smirked and high fived her as she sat down.

Her smile quickly changed into a deep frown as she looked towards the cafeteria doors. She leaned into me and whispered,"Um... What's she doing back here?"

I follow her gaze to meet Rosa's eyes. She turned on her heel and walked out of the cafeteria, ignoring the calls from her friends. At first, I just wanted to ignore her and continue my conversation with Rocky, but for some reason I couldn't. "I'll be right back." I muttered to Rocky as I stood up and followed Rosa, ignoring Rocky's questions.

I caught up to her just in time for her to run into the bathroom. "Rosa? What's wrong?"

Her head snapped in my direction and a few tears threatened to spill from her eyes. "Oh Nikki..." She said, almost pitifully. She pulled me into a hug - a warm, surprisingly comforting hug.

I let us hug in silence. It was peaceful. Almost too peaceful. But was never once awkward to be in such a long embrace. It felt as if we were actual sisters. Who actually loved each other.

To day that it was a surprise is an understatement, it was a freakin miracle alright. And I loved every moment of it.

~

I unlocked the door and dropped my fat ass bag at the doorway. My ears perked up as I heard the sound of someone running.

Very fast.

In this house.

Directly towards me.

Before I could even process what was happening, I was tackled to the ground. I grinned as my back slammed into the floor. My whole body was weighed down by someone heavy.

Or rather something.

I opened my eyes to see a beautiful, shiny, golden Labrador licking furiously at my face. I squealed in delight as I looked at the bundle of joy in front of me. "Price!" I exclaimed, filled with ecstasy. He barked in response to hearing his name.

"I got him from Mrs. Baron." My head snapped in Alec's direction. Price jumped off of me and trotted over to Alec's feet. I stood up, dusting off Price's fur.

"Well, Ashton came with but it was my idea." He continued while prying Price. I crouched slightly and patted my thighs, indicating for Price to come to me. He quickly jumped over to me and stood on his hind legs, balancing his front legs on my shoulders as he licked my face. I chuckled and faced Alec, "Thank you so much." He responded with a small 'no problem'.

I couldn't be more happier. That was all I thought in that moment. That was, until the front door opened.

I slowly turned to see Ashton. My smile stretched across my face but immediately fell when I looked at the two people accompanying him right now.

My jaw dripped and I couldn't form any words. Even if I did in my brain none of them properly left my mouth.

"But- you- no-you-cant-no-but-ugh-huh?" I couldn't breathe. I couldn't talk. I couldn't comprehend what was happening right now.

Standing in front of me were two of the most important people in my life that I had lost.

My sisters.

And in that moment, I did the most sensible thing that came to my mind.

I ran.

....................................................

ooohhh. cliffhanger. how did you guys feel when she saw her sisters?

also please don't forget to comment and vote!! love y'all.

<3