Chapter 21| Dreams and Nightmares

I yawned and stretched my arms. When I lifted myself up however, I was pulled back down. I landed with an 'oomph'. I craned my head up to see a peaceful Alec, snoring lightly. I smiled at the sight until I felt a sharp sting at my back. I flinched and groaned at the pain.

Alec shifted and mumbled something. He took both his arms and wrapped them around my shoulders and snuggled his head into the crook of my neck.

His breathing tickled my neck and I squirm laughing softly. Wow way to ruin the mood Nikki.

Shush consience.

*rolls eyes*

I roll my eyes at what I'm thinking about. I lay in Alec's arms for some more time before I finally get up due to my stiff body and put a pillow in my place.

I stuff my pockets in my hoodie. Wait.... hoodie? My hoodie? It was way too big to be my hoodie and felt too nice to anyone else's. I looked in the mirror and recognized it to be Alec's. A smile made it's way onto my face.

I strolled around the room humming and swaying to the tune. I walked past his desk but come to a halt. I retrace my steps and I notice a sketchbook on his desk.

The sketchbook.

The one he's always drawing and doodling in. I turned to the bed and Alec's sleeping peacefully.

I slowly opened the sketchbook to the first page. It was a rose dripping. It seemed so simple yet so intricate. The next one was a little girl staring at a burning house with her clothes singed and caught on fire at he ends. They were all beautiful and gave so much emotion.

As I kept flipping the pages, one specific sketch caught my eye. I stared at it long and hard. It was me. I flipped the page. Me. I flipped it again. Me. I flipped through all the pages until I reached the end. They were all of me.

The most recent one was me with my head tilted slightly down with a small smile and someone was kissing my head. It was Ashton. We had taken a photo like this.

I looked closer at the photo and I realized it wasn't Ashton. It was Alec.

I slowly shut the book and started walking backwards. I felt lightheaded. Not because of the photo. Maybe because of the blood loss.

I walked back towards Alec's bed and cautiously climbed under the covers. The second my body hit the bed, Alec shoved the pillow I had placed in his arms away and pulled me into his chest. He was careful not to touch my back but wrapped his arms around my shoulders and placed his chin on my head.

I snuggled my face in his chest.

I really shouldn't be doing this.
We're just friends though, right?

Right?

~

I woke up when I heard a bang. My body jolted upright on reaction.

My arms got ready to punch the living dayligh-

"What the fuck?!"

"Language!" I yelled back with the same amount of ferocity. I mean, first you wake me up, that too not in a pleasant and now you gonna cuss in my face. Hell. No.

I was staring straight at a livid Ashton. We were having an intense glare off when I heard a small groan beside me. My head snapped towards a drowsy Alec laying beside me with his arm still lazily draped over my thighs.

In the blink of an eye, Ashton grabs Alec and shoves him to the floor. Alec's eyes snap open and he jumps to his feet, glaring at Ashton. His stance loosens.

"What the heck Ash?!" He frowns. All Ashton does is jump on his and he manages to land a punch to Alec's jaw. I wince. I let the boys fight it out for a few seconds to let out all the pent out anger before I walked up to them and sucked in a large breath while looking at the bloody mess. (see what I did there haha)

Knowing I couldn't exactly pull them apart and I also didn't want to be that helpless dumb girl who stands on the side crying and screaming for them to stop. I crouched down to where Alec was bashing in Ashton's face. Neither of them realized I was there.

I sucked in a large breath and screamed. Like scream screamed. Like a Lydia Martin banshee scream. They started cussing and covering their ears.

"Nuh uh. Watch your language." I shook my finger in their faces and stood up. I clapped my hands to together to get rid of the 'fake' dust and I walked over to the bed. When I crouched down, it slightly opened the wound in my back and I could feel a little blood but it didn't really matter.

I ignored the throbbing pain and I motioned for both the boys to get up and stand in front of me. They hesitated before finally deciding to listen to me.

Maybe it was due to the fact that they were still rubbing their ears.

Both of them glared at each other before I finally cleared my throat. Their heads snapped towards me.

"What the heck Nick?" Ashton furiously barked. I raised my eyebrows at his outburst.

"Oh don't you 'what the heck' me? Why'd you barge in in the first place and try to kill your best friend?!" I retorted.

"Oh maybe it was due to the fact that I had just seen my girlfriend and my best friend cuddling in his room while she's wearing his hoodie."

"Exactly. I'm your girlfriend. Not his. So maybe, once in a while, you should learn how to trust me. When you finally do and you can come up with an excuse good enough to let you talk to me, then I'll be in room. Come and ask me whatever shizznit you want." I stood up and shoved my way out of Alec's room and entered mine.

What happened? Why had he changed? Why was everything changing? First my sisters now this? At first I thought it was for the good and now I realize it was the complete opposite.

-------------------------------------------

hiii. heh heh. sorryyyy. I know I haven't updated in waaayyy to long but I had an on and off period of writer's block.

im also sorry if this chapter is somewhat shorter but I just love Nikki's attitude here. Comment if you did too.

don't be a ghost reader. please vote and comment.

love y'all and I hope the writer's block goes away. fingers crossed!

<3