Chapter Three: Mistakes

"This is perfect."

I said as we slow danced to the classical music.

"Not as perfect as you."

He smiles.

"I think I'm love."

I said after a few seconds. I was nervous but I knew what I felt.

"With what?"

He asked nervously, a shade of blush ran across his face.

"You."

Just then, a knife was stabbed into his back. I screamed as I watched him being murdered. I tried to scream just as he got me. Too late.

---

I shot out of the bed drenched in a cold sweat. Diaval looked up at me from me legs, tiredness swirled in his eyes. What the hell was it and this man with my legs?

"You okay?"

He pulled the blanket from the floor, to cover us once again.

"Yeah, just a nightmare."

I dared not to say what happened in the dream or even to say the L word. He cuddled my waist closer which made me smile. Images of our night flooded my mind. Slow dancing, music and laughter. He kissed me repeatedly and wouldn't let a smile leave my face. Why was he so charming? Did I really love him?

I stroked his hair and put him to sleep. It took me a long time to fall back asleep since I just kept seeing him getting murdered over and over again by a blank face.

I woke up a few hours later with sunlight beaming through the open curtains. Great, I forgot to close that last night. Diaval was gone and his spot was cold which left an empty feeling inside me. I felt sad that I didn't see him first thing in the morning again.

I got out of bed and walked past the mirror and stopped. I walked back and gasped aloud. In my reflection, I could see golden swirls. They weren't on my skin but under it. Looking closely I could see they were mixed with black. What the actual fuck was going on?

I pulled my tee down in the mirror to see those swirls lead to my heart but, I felt nothing. There was no sign they were there except that I could just see them. Another look in the mirror, I noticed my hair was more of a honey brown than it was black. My fingers raked through my hair as I looked in the mirror in complete shock. I truly prayed this time it was just a dream.

I saw Diaval slide in from behind the door. He leaned on the doorway to look at me. He was in a red plaid shirt, black pants and black sneakers. He slid his hands on his front pockets and he looked delicious.

HIM

"What did you do?"

She asked coldly as she turned around to face me.

"Me? I did nothing. It's all you."

I pushed myself off the wall and walked towards her.

"As of today, you have 3 days left. Your body is splitting. It's deciding if you're good enough to go to heaven or to hell with me."

Giselle watched me as I inched nearer. She caught a glimpse of my eyes again which were the lightest shade of green.

"What if I want to stay with you?"

She asked softly, not looking at me. I shrugged casually.

"Then we need to corrupt your soul."