Chapter Four: Solutions

I pulled out my phone barely able to breathe. Why did he just leave me like this? I needed someone to cry too. I dialed Riley and waited as the phone rang.

"Riley."

My voice unexpectedly cracked through the tears.

"I'll be right over!"

Riley said before I hung up. I found myself standing there alone, my hands clung to the letter. Since when did a demon care? Since when did anyone care about me? I slowly leaned against the wall and slid down till I was on the floor.

A few minutes later there was banging on the door. Riley came in and hugged me without saying a word. I could only manage a sniffle as I buried my head into her chest.

"He left me."

I said softly as my eyes closed.

"Like left left?"

Riley asked. I sighed and handed her the note that had stains of tears along with Diaval's words. Riley caressed my hair as she read the note silently. Riley placed the note on the floor and stood up.

"Gi, don't you get it?"

Riley held my face. I shook my head and sniffled.

"No?"

"He's in love with you!"

Riley said grabbing the note and shaking it in my face. I pushed her hand away and looked up. How could a demon love anyone?

"He doesn't want to see you get hurt. You don't care for a person's emotions and feelings unless you care about them!"

Riley smiled.

"Don't lie to me. He clearly doesn't love me like I love him. I don't even know WHY I love him."

"She's right you know."

A very familiar voice called out. I snapped my head up and Riley spun around startled.

"Angelo?"

I asked confused.

"In the somewhat human flesh."

He smiled. Riley was quiet. I knew when she looked at Angelo, he reminded her of her grandfather.

"What are you doing here?"

I asked as I stood up and wiped my face. I didn't want anyone else to see me like that. I was ashamed, how could I even explain why I was bawling my eyes out over a man who wasn't even human.

"I love my brother."

Angelo started as he walked towards me.

"He's my other third. Giselle, we're 247 years old and he's never and I mean NEVER looked at someone the way he looks at you. He's waited 22 years to finally get the right time to get to you and when he had the chance, he couldn't do it."

Angelo said wiped the rest of the tears off my face.

"Why did he leave? Why not stay and settle it with me?"

"He only had a few days to stay down on earth as a human. Again, we're ancient my love. 247 years is hideous if he were to become human forever. He wanted to corrupt your soul so you could be with him forever but as his days got closer, he couldn't, he realized you were too beautiful to hurt you that bad."

"Gi, you need to go talk to him."

Riley said.

"I-I can't. I don't know him. I fell for the wrong guy. I don't even know why he fell."