Chapter Five: Because of LOVE

HER

I flashed my eyes open to see my old room. I sat up to see three bodies lying down on the floor. The bodies gasped as they sat up. I was beyond confused.

Diaval, Angelo and Julian looked around at each other and then at me. Diaval stood up and walked over to me, I caught my breath. Angelo nodded at me gracefully and walked out the room. Julian looked at me, his eyes full of gratitude before he followed Angelo out the room leaving Diaval and me alone. Diaval walked closer which made me back up, I was truly scared of him.

"Why did you do it? Why did you leave me?"

I held on to the sheets.

"Because I love you."

Diaval said as his eyes flickered over my body. I felt my face flush a bright red, this was like our first time kissing all over again.

"Why did you grant us a second chance at life?"

Diaval reached out for my hand.

"Because I love you."

I looked into his eyes of pure gold and grabbed his hand. I pulled him onto the bed and we shared a laugh. He grabbed my face lightly before our lips crashed together.

"How does it feel to be 27 again?"

I smiled.

"Well, lets see, after 220 years, it feels fucking blissful."

Diaval pulled me off the bed. I smiled and giggled as I wrapped my legs around his waist. He held my body close and cradled my neck.

"I'm so sorry I left you."

Diaval whispered against my lips.

"We can only forget about the past, never dwell in it."

HIM

Giselle truly was the most beautiful woman I had ever laid my eyes on. I had watched her over the course of her life and I wanted her soul. I wanted her innocence but more importantly, I wanted her.

I had to leave. The night in her bedroom, I was so close to making her mine. I could feel it in her heartbeat that she wanted it. I wanted- needed it. I could easily read her emotions but when she said she was falling for me, I-I couldn't handle the overload. I knew I had to leave.

I fed off her soul for the 4 days we were together and still, she was so pure, how could I hurt her like that? Deprive her of all the beautiful adventures she had in life? No way.

Call me the worst demon ever, but I was an angel before the incident that day. I could never forget that day...

It was a midsummer afternoon. Giselle was at the pool with her friend's family. On their way home, the family never noticed that Giselle was taking too long in the bathroom. Her friend was oblivious- how could I blame her, they were only nine.

Near the exit, there was a man who was waiting for the next girl to exit the bathroom. By poor natural selection, that girl was Giselle. The man had snatched her and drug her to the nearest patch of bushes. I knew what he wanted to do.

My adrenaline ran furiously through my body. I had to stop him. I could feel this power run over my body. A power, I had never felt before. The world around me was turning blurry and black. I heard her screams and everything started to spin.

When I came back to reality, Giselle was long gone and so was the man in my hands. Blood covered my knuckles, I was out of breath and my hands were shaking. I dropped the man from my grasps and looked at my hands which shook.