Prologue

Castle had stayed home today instead of helping with the case as he usually did. It was unusual, he always came and helped out, unless we were fighting or he was to close to the case. I decided to leave early because i new something was up, he didn't miss a case for no reason.

I walked into the elevator and pressed the button to take me to his floor. I listen to elevator music as i go up, it always soothes my nerves when i visit on days like this.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. I walked though his door and unlocked it.

I walked in and heard music playing in the bedroom. This was not an unusual occurrence, Rick was usually playing a game with loud music blaring, but this music was different.
I opened the door to our room thinking I'd see him sitting on the floor playing Skyrim or Call of Duty.

That's when I see it. Castle in bed with a beautiful blonde. I go stiff unable to move, paralyzed. Castle turns and looks at me, I can see his expression change completely. He is no longer having a good time.

"Kate, i can explain!" Castle says.

I don't look at him. I star at the floor blankly. I'm filled with so many emotions. There is complete silence in the room. Tears fall from my eyes not because I'm sad but as a release of the emotions overflowing out of me.

I look over at the blonde girl. She doesn't seem to care much about what's going on she just sits with a bored expression on her face but she is not the one I care about.

All I can think about is how much I hate castle. I unfreeze, my face showing the anger i feel. Castle stops trying to explain whatever excuse he had, he knows i don't care.

I walk towards him slowly, i feel the terror rising in him but i'm to angry to show mercy.

"You cheating jackass!" I scream.

I slap him as hard as i can in the face.

He tries to show no pain, but i want his pride ripped from him. I slap him again but as hard as I can. My hand stings.

He rubs his read cheek with his hand, giving in to what I wanted. I storm out of the room, slamming and throwing everything I see. I break a picture of Alexis and Martha and I feel a sting in my heart but my anger overwhelms my guilt for throwing the picture and breaking it.

When i get to my car i see Castles new car. I take knife i have hidden just in case. The anger is boiling inside me, i can't stop myself i rip everything to shreds. I imagine myself as Carrie Underwood as i do this and now i realize it felt good to get him back... but only for a little while. I regret it now. But who cares.

•••

I dial Castles number for the last time. It rings twice before he answers,

"Kate! I'm so sorry! I'm sorry!" He says pleading before i even say anything.

"Save it Rick," I say in an annoyed tone.

"I want a divorce, and i want my things out of your apartment now."

"Okay," I hear the pain and the regret in his voice and it makes me happy, though i don't want to be.