Under fire

I look to Ryan to see what's going on. I can see in there eyes its about Rick.

"What's going on?" I ask as I walk towards my desk.

"It's Castle, he's in the interrogation room," Ryan says.

I can see Castle with Espo from here. Pain fills my whole body. I freeze, paralyzed. I have to go back to the past, I have to face the man that broke my heart.

"Beckett, are you ok!" Ryan awoke me from my daze. His face full of concern. I care for Ryan and Espo so much. I wish I could hug him and thank him for caring for me, but I keep my composure.

I walk into the interrogation room. Rick stares at me with puppy dog eyes, usually they would make my heart melt but it just makes me angry. He shouldn't have the right to even look at me.

"Kate" I hear him whisper under his breathe.
I glance at him, my face as plain as I can muster, showing no emotion. I can see the disappointment in his face.

"Now Mr.Cas-"
"I didn't kill her, Kate!"
"Well, we have your finger print on the body, from around the time of death!"

I start yelling. How dare he come back into my life. How dare he even look me in the eyes. I don't know why I'm so hung up on myself. I should be worried about the victim that he's suspected of killing. I need to focus.

I have to cool down and focus on my job. I can't jump to conclusions. I take deep breath and relax.

"Mr. Castle where were you between the hours of 10:00 and 12:00 p.m."

"I was at a book a signing, and Alexis
can back me up."

"Ok, I guess we're do-,"

"Wait, I might have some information on where Victoria (the murder victim) was before she died."

"Where," I say with desperation in my voice. I want this case to end so I can Castle get out of my life again, so can forget how much I still love him.

"I can't remember exactly but I can show you."