Chapter 5

[not proof read, please ignore mistakes]

Chapter 5

"So, in the end, I didn't even end up talking to him," Veronica vented, taking another agitated bite out of her apple despite not finishing her mouthful before.

The two girls sat in the busy dining hall and somehow were having another conversation about the Football team's party. It had been about 6 days since the party, meaning it had been about 5 since Cheryl had last seen Toni. The red head had done everything she could to avoid Toni, and so far, she was doing a pretty good job. She hadn't even seen her around campus, not once.

Cheryl did as much as to hum in response to Veronica's rant, she felt like she had heard these exact words about 10 times in the last few days. Instead, the red lipped girl glanced passed Veronica's body and around the dining hall, she people watched as everyone payed for their food and found a table to sit at with their friends. Cheryl found herself day dreaming pretty often, she's always had a short attention span and regularly found herself thinking about the wrong thing at the wrong time. But nearly as if the universe could read her mind, that certain someone that was often in Cheryl's head, strolled into the dining hall, which made the red cheerleader's heart drop to her stomach almost instantly.

"You need more ketchup with that?" Veronica asked, her mouth full of food as she swung her apple in the direction of Cheryl's plate, snapping the red head out of her daze.

Cheryl looked down to where Veronica was referencing at her plate. She had about five chicken nuggets scattered around and, as Veronica had mentioned, no where near enough sauce.

"Uh, yeah," Cheryl replied, still a bit disorientated from Veronica's quick comment.

"I'll get it," Veronica assured, standing up and pushing back her chair with the back of her legs. She picked up her own plate before turning around and making her way to the counter.

Cheryl leaned her elbows on the table and her head in her hands as she darted her eyes around the room, looking to find Toni again. Once she had failed, Cheryl internally groaned, telling herself to give up and let go. Just in time, Veronica returned back at the table, she threw the packets of ketchup onto Cheryl plate whilst sliding back onto her own chair.

"Thanks V," Cheryl smiled, "I'm just gonna go and use the bathroom," She continued as she quickly got up. Before she could even listen for the raven haired girl's reply, she was already hurrying through the dining hall towards the ladies' room.

Swinging open the door, Cheryl noticed the last unoccupied stall and swiftly made her way into it, locking the stall door behind her. She sat through the awkward silence, listening to the faint music that played out of the speakers as she finished up.

Flushing, Cheryl opened back up the door and made her way over to the sink, where she stood looking at herself in the mirror instead of washing her hands. She leaned closer, and ran her delicate finger along her lips before pulling out a red lipstick from her back pocket. She applied it to her plump lips with a 'pop' before reattaching the lid. When Cheryl looked back up, she watched through the mirror as someone slowly unlocked the door. When it opened, once again, Cheryl's heart began to pick up its pace.

"Cheryl," the person said as they walked out of the stall and towards the sink next to the red head. They touched up their hair before connecting eye contact through the mirror.

"Toni," Cheryl replied weakly, quickly looking down at her hands placed on the counter that was covered in drops of water.

"Long time, no see." Toni sighed, turning so that she was now facing Cheryl. She folded her arms and leaned up against the counter.