Chapter 6

[not proof read, please ignore mistakes]

Chapter 6

"Cher," Veronica called from where she sat sideways on her bed with her back against the wall and ankles crossed. She didn't look up from her phone, that was until she called Cheryl's name again, but louder, "Cheryl!"

Hearing the vibrations and the soft muffled sound of her name, Cheryl dropped her pencil to the desk before pulling out one headphone from here ear. She held it in her fingers and turned her head over her shoulder to look at her friend, Veronica.

"Hm? What?" Cheryl said, raising an eyebrow in confusion at the raven haired girl who sat looking at her from her bed.

"I'm bored." Veronica whined, slightly leaning her head back against the wall and pouting.

"Hi Bored, I'm Cheryl," The red head replied sarcastically, shooting her friend an eye roll and turning back to her homework. Before she could put her headphone back in and pick her up pencil, Veronica said something again.

"You're not funny, I'm actually really bored." Veronica huffed, now turning off her phone and placing it beside her legs.

"And, what can I do about it? I'm trying to do my homework here." Cheryl gestured back to her maths papers, filled pages of questions.

"Let's go out." Veronica said bluntly, taking Cheryl by surprise. She shuffled almost off the bed so her feet were now touching the soft, carpeted floor.

"Did you not just hear what I said?" Cheryl groaned in annoyance, leaning back in her desk chair and burying her hands in her hair.

"Please Cheryl, it'll be fun." Veronica begged.

"Sorry Veronica, I'm too busy. This homework is due in two days and I'm not even half way through." Cheryl sighed, she felt herself getting more stressed after every word left her mouth.

"See, you're stressed and it's getting late. You should just leave it until tomorrow, when you're more chilled." Veronica explained in an attempt to convince her friend to go out.

"I don't know, V" Cheryl hummed.

...

"I told you it was a good idea," Veronica expressed linking arms with Cheryl in a friendly manner as they strolled easily down the sidewalk, "And the best part is, no one we know is ever there- meaning we can be as wild as we like."

The sun had almost set completely by, causing the yellow ball of fire to disappear into the horizon. The cotton-like clouds that once blushed at the warm touch of the sun had now dulled into a grey colour and faint silhouettes of birds flew across a sky. The streets of their campus was not lit up by street lights and Cheryl breathed in a breath of the night air in through her nose.

"Do you have any idea where we're going?" Cheryl asked, curious to why it felt like the two girls had been walking for a while, she thanked God that she decided to not wear heels out, unlike Veronica.

"Of course I do," Veronica hummed cheerfully, "In fact, we're right here."

The raven haired girl pulled lightly on Cheryl's arm, causing them to turn towards a building that seemed pretty quite. Cheryl looked up at the sign above the door, realised it was a bar, and sighed. Despite that, she couldn't help but let off a soft chuckle before unlatching her arm from her friend and following her lead, she was certain that Veronica was the most unpredictable person she knew. Her thoughts on the building quickly changed when Veronica pushed open the door that caused the bell above them to let off a ding, and a rush of loud music escaped out and into the street. Inside was dark only lit up by dancing strobe lights, and it was a lot more busy than it seemed from the outside.