Chapter 7

It wasn't hard to find something to wear that night, after you'd washed the smell of smoke and fire off of your skin and our of your hair. How you'd come to smell like smoke you didn't know, but it was nice to get rid of the acrid scent. Clint's shirt and your pajama pants had gone straight down the trash chute. They were too scorched to be saved. You were also very much not thinking about how you would now smell like Loki from using his shampoo and soap. He'd given you permission to borrow something of his to wear for the night and picked a pair of pajama bottoms and a t-shirt from his dresser. They fit well enough, but you had to roll the bottoms of the pants a few times. Loki was quite a bit taller than you.

You cursed when you realized you were going to have to steal clothes from Natasha for tomorrow. She was the hardest to steal from. She guarded her stuff well and would kick your ass if she caught you in her room without permission. That's why no one had suggested you bunk in her room, even though she was out on some overnight mission for Fury. Unfortunately, she was the only one whose pants would fit you well enough to wear out of the tower.

You threw that thought from your mind for the moment, knowing you needed to get some sleep. It was strange to sleep in a strange bed, but the room was the safest you'd ever been in, and there was something comforting about being surrounded in pillows and blankets that smelled like Loki. But you were obviously not having feelings for him. That would be ridiculous.

You got up early the next morning, intending to see if Natasha had left any clean laundry in the laundry room that you could more easily steal. The second you opened Loki's door, you found a wrapped box. You picked it up and brought it inside Loki's room with you, curious as to what it could be, especially since it had your name on the tag. You unwrapped the box, then grabbed one of the many daggers Loki left lying around his room to open the box. You laughed aloud when you saw that inside was an entire outfit, including undergarments and gym shoes, all in your size. As you pulled everything out of the box, wondering who could have possibly sent it to you, a note fluttered out. You grabbed the note and read it over.

Tony said he destroyed all your clothes. I picked these up for you on my way back from my mission last night. Couldn't have you breaking into my room this morning to steal something of mine while I'm trying to sleep

-Nat

P.S. Your boyfriend should like the shirt

You didn't question how Natasha knew your sizes for everything. She knew everything about everyone. You pulled the t-shirt from the stack of clothes to look at it properly. It was a green t-shirt. You unfolded it and laughed. In the middle of the front of the shirt was an image of Loki's helmet. Loki would like the shirt, or at least be amused by it. You got dressed quickly, amazed that not only did everything fit, but it fit better than anything you'd ever owned. Natasha had gotten your actual sizes, and not the baggy handmedown sizes that you usually wore. It actually warmed your heart that she had done so.

Dressed, and with your new phone, you headed down to breakfast. You weren't surprised at all to see Loki there. He usually was. "Morning Loki," you greeted him.

"Good morning, witchling," he replied, pleasantly from his spot at the diningroom table. "Clint left breakfast for you," he indicated the stack of pancakes that was sitting at your usual place at the table. "He said the team's list of purchases for Tony is there too. Lady Natasha left this for you," he added, indicating a backpack that was next to your seat.

"That was nice of everyone," you commented as you took your place at the table. Loki finally looked at you properly.

"Where did you steal those clothes from?" he asked with a grin.