Chapter 56

"Loki, you made me promise to wake you and let you take me to class," you reminded the stubbornly sleeping Asgardian. You kissed him again to wake him. "That means you have to get up when I wake you," you added with another kiss.

"Sig, go back to sleep," he murmured, wrapping an arm around you and tucking you more securely against his side.

He was adorable mostly asleep, but... "Loki, I have to go to class," you reminded him as you pushed out of his arms. "If you don't want to take me, I'll go by myself," he growled softly and reached for you. You were without your powers and he was overprotective. You wanted to let him make you tea and tuck you safely back in bed, but you had to go to class.

"Skip," he grumbled, still without opening his eyes.

"Can't. I miss enough classes on legitimate missions. Fine, I'll get Thor to take me," you teased as you managed to scramble out of the bed before he could drag you back to cuddling. If he got you back to cuddling, you were going to miss your class. His arm snaked out and grabbed your wrist as he cracked an eye open.

"You will do no such thing," he snarled softly.

You giggled and kissed his forehead. "Then get up, silly Trickster," you told him and pried his hand off of your wrist so you could get dressed. Fwumpy old jeans, a shirt that was Loki's, and a hoodie that was...also Loki's and you were presentable and as comfortable as possible. You turned to Loki, who had managed to finally climb out of the bed and laughed when you saw what he was wearing. "Darling, I adore you in formal wear, but we're going to a college campus. There's no need to wear a full suit," you teased, he had a wide mischievous grin on his face. He'd done it on purpose to make you smile. You stood on your toes to kiss him, thanking him for his effort.

With a shimmer of green magic, he was wearing jeans and a nice green sweater. "Better?" he asked with a smirk.

"Better for fitting in," you conceded. You fwumped your head against his chest and made a soft, pained, noise.

"Darling, why must you go to class today?" he asked softly as his arms wrapped around you.

"I can't skip my obligations. Plus I have a test," you grumbled as you forced yourself to stand on your own again. "I'll be fine,"

He kissed the top of your head. "I dislike seeing you in pain," he told you softly. A cup of tea appeared in your hands. You kissed his cheek.

"I love you too," you told him and sipped on your tea as you turned to leave your suite and face the day.

"That is my job," Loki growled at you when you reached for your school bag. You raised your free hand in surrender and stepped back from it.

"You're being extra overprotective and grumpy today," you told him as you left your suite.

"You are without your powers and I had nightmares about it," he told you stiffly. He hated admitting when he had nightmares, but this one must have been important for him to say something, or have him this angsty.

"Want to tell me about it?" you asked gently. Sometimes he would, sometimes he just wanted you to know that he was on edge.

He shook his head and wrapped his arm around your shoulders, pressing his lips gently against the top of your head. "Just let me keep you safe. I couldn't live with myself if anything were to happen to you, witchling," he bid you softly.

"That's why you're coming to class with me, love," you reminded him softly. "I'm here and I'm safe," you pulled a dagger from the sheath at your back. "Also armed," you told him with a grin. He smirked when he saw the blade, you resheathed it quickly.