Chapter 66

The next two days passed in relative peace, despite that you kept cursing about being without your powers. The palace was cleaned and repaired from the attack, Loki's duties went on as usual, though he would scarcely let you out of his sight. You caught a few naps in his lap on the throne. He loved it when you did, loved that you were safe, even without your powers. You fretted over his wound and kept cursing your lack of powers.

Loki chuckled when you'd fretted too much. "Fear not, love. It's just fine. I'm fine. I'm not a weakling who can't live with a little cut for a couple of days," he reminded you warmly after you'd fretted once too often.

"But-" you protested, hating seeing him injured, even with such a small injury.

"You'll heal it tomorrow," he reminded you warmly. "Stop fretting, Sig. That is an order from your king," he added, teasing. You rolled your eyes at him.

"You didn't think that would actually work, did you?" you tease and kiss him.

"Not at all, but a smile and a kiss from you was well worth it," he grinned in reply.

*

The second you got your powers back, you healed the cut on Loki's arm. He kissed you when you had. "See? I told you I could survive a few days with a small cut," he told you warmly. "We've gotten quite spoiled having a healer around," he added.

"I'm sure the team realizes that by now. I haven't been there to heal them in a month. Poor Clint is probably full of bullets by now..." you mused, but with a touch of real concern.

"Darling, they'd contact us if they need our help. I left one of the ravens with Thor just for that purpose," he reminded you.

You sighed. "I know. I can still worry about our friends. They're helpless without us," you reminded him, trying to joke and reassure both of you that the team would be ok without you. They'd survived without you just fine until you'd moved into the tower. They could survive however long you were ruling Asgard.

Or so you thought until a couple weeks later when a raven flew into the healing wing. You didn't think anything of it at first. Ravens flew around the palace like owls at Hogwarts, and served much the same purpose most of the time. You even got messages as head healer occasionally, so it really wasn't that strange. Except that you noted the air of magic around the raven, stronger than the others who had come to see you. This one was one of Odin's. You went to it and removed the note from its leg. The team was in trouble.

You donned your battle armor with magic and turned to the healers. "Healer Ingris, an emergency has come up. You're in charge until I get back," you told her firmly.

"Yes, my lady," she replied, extra polite when you were barking out orders, when you were in battle gear. Everyone in Asgard knew to fear the healers when they went into battle. It was best to do what the healers said.

You nodded and teleported directly to the throne, propriety the least of your concern. Loki jumped to his feet when he saw you appear in your armor. "Sig?"

"Midgard is in trouble. The team- Thor-" you told him. You saw the hesitation in his eyes. He couldn't leave Asgard. He had to stay on the throne and rule here. You saw the hesitation, saw the heartbreak in his eyes that he couldn't come. "I'll return to Midgard, help your brother and the team," you told him quickly. He started to open his mouth to protest that he should come. "There must always be a member of the House of Odin upon the throne of Asgard," you reminded him firmly.

/There must always be a Stark in Winterfell?/ he teased telepathically. You gave him a small smile.

He nodded. "Take the Tesseract from the vault so you don't have to rely on the Bifrost. If Thor-" his words cut off. "Come get me if-"