Chapter 55

You and Loki lay together under the stars in the rose alcove, laying on his cape spread on the ground. He had wrapped your cape around you as a blanket. The slight chill didn't bother him at all. It was so mundane and normal. Ok, besides the shielding around the alcove so you wouldn't be interrupted or spied on. It was a perfect evening of pointing out constellations.

A prince and princess laying happily in the grass under the stars.

Who would've thought?

*

"Come along, my darling hostage," Loki told you once the hour was getting late. He was getting up and pulling you up with him.

"Still a hostage?" you teased as you shook grass off of your cape. You were both still in your battle costumes. Loki smirked and kissed your forehead.

"Verily, but a hostage I would like happy so she doesn't put up a fight, so come along," he took your hand firmly and started leading you from the alcove. You mistakenly decided to tease him and dug in your heels, just to see what he'd do. He sighed heavily. "Darling, kindly let me kidnap you in peace. The mortals will get upset if I must do it properly," you were laughing as you went with him willingly. You didn't want his image besmirched by whatever 'kidnapping you properly' entailed. You knew he'd do it, though, to keep up his game.

"Fine, but only so the mortals don't get upset," you teased.

"Wise decision, princess," Loki replied and kissed the top of your head. It was only a short walk to your destination, what looked to be an extremely fancy hotel. "Oh, before we get there and you decide you dislike being a hostage and try to escape," his tone was teasing as he lifted your hand to his lips to kiss the back of it. Just like any normal day. Except that when he gave you hand back, there was a green glyph on the back of it. You raised an eyebrow. He bopped your nose with a long finger. "No magic out of you until I decide to return you. Be a good hostage and I'll treat you kindly," he told you with a smirk.

"Loki!" you protested indignantly. You then, of course, had to test it. Your magic was there and perfectly useable. He would just know if you did. Silly Trickster was just enjoying his game. "Fine," you huffed. He laughed and offered you his arm to lead you into the hotel.

"Loki, Lady Sigyn. We have been expecting you," the manager behind the front desk greeted you. It was pretty obvious who you were when you were both still in your battle costumes. Loki was still even wearing his helmet. Loki inclined his head as you stepped up to the counter. The manager handed the room keys to Loki with instructions on how to get there since Loki didn't want to be shown. "Here is your Lady's itinerary for tomorrow as well," the manager told Loki with a smile and handed him the packet of information.

You opened your mouth to question what itinerary, but Loki kissed the top of your head. "It's a surprise, darling," he told you gently and shared a knowing look with the manager.

"Your bags are already in your room as requested, and the meal you requested will be sent up shortly," the manager added. "Is there anything else you need this evening?"

"No, thank you," Loki replied, perfectly polite. The manager looked relieved that he was not being smote where he stood. It seemed there was a reason that the manager was handling Loki and not leaving the task to one of his underlings. Brave man if he thought Loki were truly dangerous. He had nothing to worry about with happy Loki. This playful Loki was perfectly safe.

Loki led you to the elevator to get to your room. The second the elevator doors slid shut, he bent and had you thrown over his shoulder the next moment. "Loki!" you protested, loudly, indignant as you tried to figure out how to get him to put you down without hurting him.