A small mistake

(Requested by JewishHat)

Sauntering over to the kitchen entrance, Killua finds you by the kitchen countertop with an array of baking ingredients and tools placed on the counter. As he looked at those ingredients curiously, one of them caught his eye. His eyes, gleaming with curiosity, widened slightly.

He walked over to you, eyeing the bowl of melted chocolate next to the flour. As he came closer, he recognized its smell as that of his most favorite food in the world, ChocoRobo-kun. 

You however, didn't notice his soundless footsteps as he stepped closer until you felt his warmth by your side. You tensed up and turned your head to the side. When you saw Killua eyeing the ChocoRobos, his eyes slightly wide, you smiled, relaxing once more. He turned to you, pointing at the chocolate as he did so.

"Hey (Y/N), you baking something?"

"Uh huh, I bought some ChocoRobos earlier, and I thought it would be nice to use it for a cake," you explained.

"Woah," was all Killua said, eyeing the chocolate once more. He then looked at you, eyes filled with anticipation, "Can I help?" he asked.

"Sure, do you know how to bake?"

"Nope"

"....Do you have any experience at it?"

"Nope," he repeated, his blue eyes still innocently gazing at you.

You sighed, then turned to him, putting your hands on his shoulders, "All right, Killua, I'll teach you, BUT you have to listen to my instructions carefully, alright?"

"All right," he smiled, taking your hands in his, squeezing them lightly, you squeezed back

"Welp, I'm confident you'll be able to catch up in no time! You're a super fast learner after all!" 

He looked at you in surprise, then averted his gaze from you, cheeks dusted pink "...cut it it out, you're embarrassing me,"

You giggled, "Well, it is true--,"

"Okay then, (Y/N), what do we do first?" He cut you off suddenly, letting your hands go and turning to the counter in excitement. You notice his cheeks were still pink, as well as his ears, apparently. Smiling to yourself, you proceed to bake with him.

-------------

After mixing all the wet and dry ingredients of the batter separately, you turn to Killua, ready to assign him his first task without your assistance. You were confident he could do it, given that so far, he's followed your instructions to the dot. He was also very precise with the measurements, making sure he didn't miss a thing. Well, that was expected, it's Killua after all.

 "Okay Killua, can you mix the wet and dry ingredients together while I prepare the icing?"

You notice Killua had just a little bit of the chocolate on his nose as he faced you, "Sure," he said.

You chuckle softly before wiping off the chocolate off his nose with your finger, he looked at you in surprise, before you showed the chocolate on your finger that was just on his nose moments earlier. He tensed up, looking slightly embarrassed. 

"Alright, Killua, I'll leave you to it," you smiled reassuringly and walked to the other side, licking off the chocolate on your finger as you did so. 

Killua relaxed after seeing your smile, he picked up the spatula and began mixing, careful not to get all the flour and other dry ingredients all over the place.

------------------

A short while later, you decided to check on how Killua is doing. You walked over to him and peered at the cake batter over his shoulder.

That's when you realized...

 You forgot to tell him that he shouldn't overmix.

You grab his working arm, signalling him to stop. He sensed the urgency in your actions, so he took a glance at you and saw the horrified expression on your face.

Killua's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, hiding his internal panic that he may have messed the entire thing up. 

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked, somewhat worriedly.

"Well...technically it was me who did something wrong, I forgot to tell you that you can't overmix this 'cause it has flour in it..." you frowned in guilt

Killua's eyes widen and he immediately comforts you, "It's gonna be fine (Y/N), it can't be that bad, right?"

"Well... the cake's gonna be pretty dense, really dense...and hard," you sighed. "It's fine, we can just redo it," you grab the bowl of overmixed batter from Killua's hands. He stopped you, however, from going any further than that by grabbing your arm gently, yet firmly at the same time.

"It's fine (Y/N), I'll eat it anyways. Besides, it would be a waste of ingredients if we just throw it out." Although his face showed indifference to the situation, you smiled, knowing that it's Killua's way of making you feel better.

"Well....alright then, if you say so," you said

-------------------

The cake was done. You decided not to put the icing anymore, which Killua was fine with. After letting it cool down, you ask Killua one last time.

"Killua...are you sure you still want to try this? The cake doesn't really look...nice," you fiddled with your fingers nervously.

"Yes of course," he said. He looked at you, seeing your worried expression as you looked down. He stepped closer, putting an arm around you and pulling you close, hugging you comfortingly, his head resting on your shoulder. "Stop putting yourself down like this," he whispered, a stern hint to his voice. "It was also partly my fault, since I mixed it, ya know?"

"Killua, you know It's not your fault at a--"

 "Everyone makes mistakes, it's no big deal." he hugged you tighter, closing his eyes as he did so.

You sighed, finally hugging him back, "Yeah, you're right, thanks Killua," you pulled back and gave him a small peck in the lips. He tensed up in surprise, eyes wide, before he relaxed again and stiffly turned to the cake.

"Let's dig in!" 

He cut a slice off and took a bite. You decided to give it a taste as well. Well, the cake was pretty dense, and gummy, but still had the taste of cake more or less. You turn to Killua.

"What do you think of it?"

"Hmm.... it reminds me of pound cake...almost. Other than that, I like the taste." He said nonchalantly. You could tell he was still tasting it. "The ChocoRobo makes everything better," he added.

You laughed quite heartily at Killua's last comment, he stared at you in confusion, one eyebrow raised, "Why're you laughing?"

"Nothing, nothing--! I just, I just find your love for ChocoRobos really cute!" you gasped, catching your breath, before continuing on your little laughing fit.

Killua slowly turned red, eyes widening and body tensing. "Stop it (Y/N)! Ugh..." he facepalmed in frustration and embarrassment. 

After a while, you did stop. Wiping the tears from your eyes from that laughing fit, you gave Killua a big bear hug.

"Geez, your emotions are out of control today," Killua commented, returning your hug.

"Well, you made me really happy right now!" you smiled, letting go. "Wanna eat more of the cake?"

"Yup," he smiled back