Emptiness

"Huh? A Zoldyck...?" You stared at your parents in disbelief, eyes wide.

"Yes, that's right. You are to marry the heir of the Zoldyck family. In a week, we will be going to Kukuroo Mountain to discuss the marriage," your father stated. You frowned, nodded solemnly, then stalked out of the room.

"...Zoldyck, huh?" You sighed to yourself, tossing the knife blade you kept by your side as you walked towards your room.

You, (Y/N) (L/N), are the heir to the (L/N) family of assassins. A family that rivals even the Zoldycks. As an heir, a lot of things are expected from you, since you will be the next head after all.

And one of those things will be, of course, marrying a fellow assassin. In other words, you are expected to marry the person your parents chose for you.

It sucks, doesn't it?

You sighed once again, entering your room and closing the door shut. "I have no choice..." You mumbled to yourself.

----------------

Standing in front of the entrance to the mountain, you stare at the Testing Gate in awe. Zebro notices you and your parents and lumbers over to greet them.

"Good day, Mr. (L/N)!" Zebro, the guard of the gate, greeted. He then looked at you and smiled warmly, "Welcome, young miss." 

You look back at him in confusion, slightly shocked that he acknowledged you. "Thank you," you replied cordially.

"(Y/N)," your father called. You looked up at him. "To enter the Zoldyck estate safely, you must go through the gate in front of you." 

You look over to the huge gate. "Yes, father," you say. Walking over to the gate, you gave it a simple push. It doesn't budge.

I see. It's a special gate. As expected of the Zoldyck family...

"The testing gate has seven doors. Each of the two panels of the first door weighs two tons. The ones after weigh twice as much as the one before it," Zebro explains.

You then proceed to push the gate once more. This time, exerting more force.

The first four doors open wide.

Zebro's eyes widen. "Impressive! You're almost as strong as the young master himself!" 

"Oh, you mean the heir of the Zoldycks?" your mother asks, walking through the gate with your father. Zebro follows.

"Yes, that's right. Young Killua could open 5 doors." Zebro said proudly. Then, his expression turned serious once more. "Though, I'm afraid I cannot accompany you any further. Please, continue walking this path and you will reach the manor for the butlers, they will help you get in contact with the master," he said, bowing politely.

"All right then," your father said. "Let's go," 

-----------------------

You then reach the post of the apprentice butler, Canary, who's in charge of keeping the intruders out. She immediately recognizes your father and mother. She bows, stepping aside to let you guys pass. 

"Welcome back, Mr. and Mrs. (L/N)." She greets politely. Your parents acknowledge her with a nod, then proceeded ahead. You follow suit, but as you passed by Canary, she said something that caught you off-guard.

"Please, take care of Master Killua," she said in a somewhat desperate voice. You look back at her. You see that she's still bowing. However, you notice that she's gripping her staff really firmly. You notice her shaking slightly.