It's been a while

After a long, stressful day, you decide to stop by your favorite café, as always, silently hoping you could see him again.

Walking in, the familiar aroma of coffee and cake fill your senses. You look around, immediately noticing the familiar face of a certain silver-haired boy sitting at one of the tables, devouring a slice of cake.

You smiled to yourself, mentally taking note of where he's seated. You order your favorite drink and walk over to where he was. You ignore the feeling of butterflies forming in your stomach.

"Hey, can I sit here?" 

He immediately noticed the sound of your voice and looked up to meet your gaze.

"Oh, (Y/N)," he smiled softly, "Yeah, take a seat."

You smile fondly, "Thanks, Killua," You say, sitting down silently. Sipping a little bit of your drink, "You like going to this place often, don't you?"

"Well, yeah. I really like their chocolate cake," Killua said, taking his last bite of the cake he was eating. "I only go here every few days though. I see you every time I come here so that must mean you go here pretty much every day," he concludes indifferently.

Sharp as always I see

"W-Well, you're right," you stammer and blush slightly, still overwhelmed by that huge brain of his.

"Anyways..." you start, trying to steer the conversation to a new topic, but he cuts you off before you could say anything else.

"(Y/N)."

"Y-Yes?" you stammer once more

"I just wanted to say that I will be going away for a while, so after today, you won't be seeing me for some time," he looks at you directly, his sharp, cornflower blue eyes analyzing you carefully.

"Oh, why though?" You ask, trying to hide your disappointment. Though Killua still noticed a hint of sadness in your tone.

"Hey, don't be sad. I'm just gonna be seeing an old friend, that's all," he says reassuringly

"Huh, is that it? How about your family though, will you leave them behind?" You ask quizzically.

"Uhh...well, it's complicated," he said as if he was apologizing for not being able to explain further.

"Oh..." you look down, a melancholic look on your face forming.

It has only been a few months since you met the silverette. You remember the time when you first saw him, in this café and your first interaction with him.

"OH MY GOSH, I'M SO SORRY!!" You panic, realizing you accidentally spilled his drink on him as you walked by.

Normally Killua would have gotten mad, saying 'Watch where you're going, next time!' However, he couldn't help but chuckle as he saw the pure panic written all over your face.

"Hey, it's fine. Don't worry about it," he found himself saying.

 "NO, IT'S NOT FINE! NOW YOU WON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DRINK!" You insist. "Look, I'm really, REALLY sorry. Is there any way I can make it up to you? I can get you another drink if you want!" 

Killua smiles amusedly, "Well, sure. If you insist."

Ever since then you would chat whenever you saw him in the café...

"--N)? Earth to (Y/N)!" Killua exclaimed, waving a hand in front of your face.

You immediately snapped out of your daze. Looking up at him, your eyes were slightly wide from the shock. He laughed quite heartily at your reaction.