e l e v e n

"Evening gentlemen... and lady, please come on through."

The pub's main room is filled with families, all staring at us as if we were from a different planet. Considering how fancy we're dressed I can see why they'd believe that.

"I thought you'd be in business suits, more of a pinstripe thing," a short stocky man remarks, looking at the boys' clothing choices.

"I'm sorry?" Guy asks.

"Young Entrepreneurs," he says matter-of-factly.

I turn to George and he gives me a look as if he is trying to keep from laughing.

"Oh, right. It's retro night," George lies, earning an understanding look from the owner.

The place gets eerily quiet as the owner of The Bull Head leads us to a back room. As we walk past a waitress, Dimitri pauses to look her up and down. Harry pushes him forward a little, allowing us to continue our silent walk out of the main dining area.

I can't help but notice how most people are staring at me as if to say "what's this nice young woman doing with a bunch of men?" It makes me uncomfortable to say the least but Harry squeezes my hand and it eases the feeling.

We pass the bar and through a door that opens to a large private dining room with its own bar and lounge area. It looks quite nice for such a small pub.

"Right then, well, good evening gentlemen and lady and welcome to The Bull Head."

The owner holds a bottle of champagne in his hands and I notice how much they are shaking. I decide to give him a sincere smile and nod my head as a thank you hoping to calm his nerves.

Guy, who I found out is now the president seeing as Leighton couldn't do the job, motions for us to sit and we do as told.

"Just some housekeeping before you begin, there is no smoking. If you wish to you can go out those back doors. And the lavatories are through those doors so you don't have to go past the main bar."

The man does a little bow before leaving the ten of us in silence, all smiling at each other.

"Now," Guy starts clearing his throat. "Before we get onto the proper business of the evening, getting chateaued beyond belief!"

He is answered by hollering from most of the boys.

"Your Chunder bags," He says, passing around large black bags to each of us.

It makes me wonder how much they plan to drink tonight.

"It's our time gentleman... and Winifred. Let us eat till we explode, drink till our eyes fall out. Let us dance footloose upon the earth! And Carpe some fucking Diem!"

We all cheer, wine glasses in hand. I can feel each member buzzing with excitement.

"We are about to dine, salute you," Hugo interrupts, raising his glass higher.

"Imbibe."

We all tip our glasses back and chug the wine in them. It flows smoothly down my throat before I slam down my glass, the first one finished. Harry smiles proudly at me as he finishes his.

Guy clinks the side of his glass and the group starts singing.

God save our gracious queen, long live our noble queen
Send her victorious, happy and glorious
Long to reign over us, God save the queen

After the song finishes, Guy motions us all to sit down with one mischievous eyebrow raised.

"Shall we make them members"