s e v e n t e e n

One Week Later

One Week Later

"You should talk to them."

I roll my eyes at Gwen and ignore her, continuing my work.

Since the dinner, I haven't been the same and Gwen can tell. I miss the guys, well most of them. But I can't seem to get the courage to talk to them after everything.

Part of me feels like it's my fault.

I haven't talked to Harry, which hurts but he's probably already got another girl he's hooking up with. I've seen Miles and he always tries to talk to me but I ignore him and walk the other way.

Alistair has been keeping to himself seeing as they are still investigating what happened that night. Which I'm glad about. He deserves to sit in jail for what he did.

The rest of the guys are much like Miles and have been trying to talk to me. Toby and Ed keep apologizing as if that fixes what they did.

For others it might not seem like they did much, but I trusted them. And they tried to make me their own personal prostitute.

"Come on, at least talk to Harry and Miles. They deserve to know the truth," she pushes.

I run a hand through my tangled hair and sigh. As much as I know she's right, I'm too humiliated.

"I know that, Gwen. But put yourself in my position, my injuries are still healing as well as my pride. And now Lauren..."

"Lauren what?" Gwen asks.

I remember she hasn't been told what happened while I was fighting with Alistair. Toby and Ed assaulted her and of course she blamed Miles, who was half drunk and unwillfully held back as they did it. Luckily she escaped before it got too far.

But she now hates me as well, somehow I'm also responsible despite not even being in the same room.

Luckily our professor dismisses class before the question can be answered.

I leave Gwen as fast as possible, making sure to escape any further conversations.

I jog away from her as fast as possible. I know she is trying to catch up with me but I make sure to lose her in the crowd.

Our conversation put me in a mood, so I choose to skip my next class. I can just send my professor an email later.

I decide to take the long way to my dorm room, feeling like a walk will help me clear my head.