e p i l o g u e

The pub is roaring with crowds of Oxford students.

I slip through the front door, making my way in. Music is blaring over everyone's conversations making the room deafening.

As I reach the bar I see Lauren and Gwen sitting at the table I once sat at with them and Miles. Gwen is sitting on the couch with her new boyfriend, Jeremy. Lauren is sitting in a chair next to them, laughing with some friends.

Seeing them is almost weird now. After a summer away from Oxford it's like seeing people from another lifetime.

Over the summer, Gwen found out about everything that happened that night.

She took Lauren's side and couldn't believe I would stick up for Miles. I tried to explain that it was Toby's and Ed's fault but at that point there was no going back. Our friendship officially ended.

Another important thing to happen over the summer was Alistair's trial. They found the pub owners skin underneath his finger nails, linking him to the crime.

He didn't get any jail time but he was officially removed from the club and has a lot of community service hours.

I turn away from Gwen's new friend group and wait for the bar area to clear.

A group of students leave and I slam my hand on the bar counter. The bartender shoved me a beer, winking at me. I send him a smirk and take the drink, turning back to the crowds.

In the farthest corner I see a table of four boys sitting, shoving each other and spilling their alcohol. I laugh before walking over to them.

"Winnie!" George yells being the first to see me.

We do our handshake before I join the Riot Club at our usual spot.

Hugo, Dimitri and Guy nod to me as greetings. I nod back, smiling. Hugo is dressed in his normal velvet clothing, a wine glass in hand. Guy and Dimitri are arguing over something stupid as always.

"Will you two ever stop fighting?" I joke, taking a long sip of my beer.

They chuckle, shaking their heads.

"Not in this lifetime," Dimitri answers, raising his glass.

I look around, trying to find Harry or Miles but neither of them are in the pub. Hugo notices my searching and taps my shoulder. I look at him and he points towards the door.

Harry and Miles are strolling in together, throwing their heads back in laughter. The sight makes me blush.

Harry is the first to make it to the table and he winks, taking his seat next to Guy. I stare at his beautifully chiseled face and my heart melts. I missed seeing it.

"Welcome back, Winnie," he greets, taking my hand and kissing it the way he did when we first met.

School started over a week ago but I missed it because I was back in the States for break. The trip was much needed but I missed my boys.

"It's nice to be back," I reply.

As I am talking to Harry, Miles reaches the table and wraps me in his arms from behind. He kisses my cheek and my smile deepens.

He sits next to me, taking his hand in mine. As he gets comfortable he leans over and kisses me, making my whole body vibrate. Our lips part and he sits back. I can't help but stare at him.

His deep blue eyes that gets smaller every time he smiles. His deep laugh lines and his broad shoulders.

"Hey lovebirds, lets get to it," Dimitri says, pulling me from my thoughts.

I roll my eyes, my cheeks brightening from embarrassment. Miles is also blushing profusely and he rubes the back of his neck.

"Madam President," Guy calls.

I smile at the title.

"Alright, boys. Time for operation grasshopper."