Chapter 6

Naruto continued his training with Kakashi. The problem with the Naruto's chakra was still big, but not like before. In 3 weeks he could already concentrate very small part of it. Kakashi also trained Naruto with basic taijutsu and shuriken throwing. He tried to teach Naruto some theory, but it was useless. It was too boring for the blond and he didn't even understood and any word of Kakashi's. Two months have passed pretty fast and it was time for Naruto to attend to academy.

Hiroshi and Oharu was pretty nervous about that day. They dressed up as best as they could, while Naruto wasn't any nervous at all, he was very excited. Together they walked with Naruto to the academy and the blond looked around. The room was already filled with several kids Naruto had seen in the park or on the streets from time to time. Most of them were from civilian families but he also recognized several clan-children. 'A kid with strange facial markings and bringing always his puppy everywhere?' Must be Inuzuka Kiba. The chubby kid who always eats? Choking Akimichu. A kid who always sleeps? Shikimaru Nara. Then the girl with a blonde ponytail who sits next to them must be a Ino Yamanaka.' he reasoned. He also recognized an Shino Aburame, due to his insects.

Naruto then saw Hinata ran to her. His parents didn't saw him as he sneaked through them and then he bumped into kid with a spiky black hair.

"Watch where are you going." the kid stated as he looked at the Naruto and the older copy of him appeared.

"Are you okay Sasuke?" he asked the boy that Naruto bumped into, as he saw Naruto. "Is this your friend Sasuke?"

"My name is Naruto!" he exclaimed.

"My name is Itachi and this is Sasuke, my little brother. Say hello, Sasuke."

"Hello." he whispered.

"Well Naruto is nice to meet you." said Itachi as he and Sasuke dissapered in the crowd.

"Naruto!" the blond heard his parents were calling him. "We're going outside with other parents. Be sure to respect your teachers."

"Yes, I know it mom," Naruto grumbled as his parents left the class.

"All right everyone!" A voice suddenly shouted. "Pick a seat and sit down." Naruto looked to the front of the class and saw a young man in a Chunin flack-vest and a scar across his face. Next to him was another man with white hair, also with the flack-vest. "I am Iruka" the scarred teacher introduced himself, "and this is my assistant Mizuki. From this day till the day you graduate we will be your teachers. But make no mistake: this is not the civilian school, this is the ninja-academy! All those who are here came here with the sole purpose of becoming a ninja for Konoha". "Some of you will succeed and become the next legends of our village," he continued his speech, "but most of you will either drop out or end up killed within your first year."

Most of the class, especially the kids from civilian origin, gulped at that last statement and looked around nervously. The people from clans however seemed perfectly at ease hearing about getting killed and Naruto, who sat down next to Hinata who seemed to blush every time Naruto looked at her, didn't flinch either.

"Anyway," Mizuki said next "before we worry about that we shall go outside to the training course to see where everybody stands. Don't worry though: this first session will not count for your report card." he assured them.

"However it is still important, so take it seriously." Iruka looked sternly at Shikamaru who was dozing off in class as he said it.

Once everyone stood outside, Iruka explained first excercise. It was pretty simple. Throw 5 kunais and 5 shurikens at the target.

Iruka called names as person stood and threw kunai and shuriken at the target. Civilian kids barely did 20, while clan-children easy got more than 50. Only two persons left and Iruka called out the name. "Naruto Uzumaki."

Naruto casually walked to the range and picked up the kunai and shuriken, as he got ready for the exercise he noticed that nobody was really paying attention to him. "Do your best Naruto-kun." Hinata was the only one who looked at Naruto. Naruto smiled at her and focused on the exercise. He quickly threw his shuriken and four of his five kunai at the targets. Everyone were shocked of that result and Naruto became number 1 in the class.

"Not bad," Sasuke smirked as he was about to be the last.

"Sasuke Uchiha is the last, but not the least," Iruka called as Sasuke confidently went forwards and took the weapons, he weighted them in his hands and threw them one by one at the targets like he had done countless times before. "Nine bulls-eyes." Everyone spun their heads. Everybody looked at Sasuke in awe and several of the girls started talking very excited amongst themselves while looking at him with little hearts in their eyes.

"He was just lucky," Naruto said casually as Sasuke walked back to where he and Hinata were waiting.
---
*A/N: About Naruto's family name. They decided to keep Uzumaki, since they thought they going to care him for a while. They wanted to change it at when he will turn eight, but when they heard about 'the truth' they decided to keep it:)*