Chapter 22

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" exclaimed Naruto as giant poof of smoke emerged.

"What the...?" nervously said the sound-nin as the smoke slowly dissapered.

"What the... Who summoned me?" the mighty voice belonging to the summoned creature demanded while looking at the Naruto who was sitting on top of him.

Naruto felt that he was standing on some mucuos and disgusting material. He looked down and saw his summoning animal.

"Slug?" exclaimed Naruto being disappointed, "C'mon, really?"

"Who the hell are you!" shouted the mighty voice of the slug as Naruto fell on his butt.

"My name is... Naruto Uzumaki, dattebayo!" the blond dreadfully spoke, but then he became more confident and shouted his name.

"Are you some kind of a Mito's grandson?" asked the slug who had the reddish tone of skin and two large stalks sticking out of the top of his head.

"Mito? Who's that?" curiously asked Naruto, but the sound-nin interrupted their dialogue by attacking again with his 'Beast Arm'.

"Slug, you better do something!" Naruto shouted, but his summoning animal didn't reacted, "We're dead!"

Naruto closed his eyes thinking that this will be his end, but suddenly in the last moment the wood appeared from the ground blocking the hit.

"You humans won't let me have the rest," said the mighty animal, "And who do you think you called the slug!"

Naruto got scared from that and nearly fell from him, but the slug caught him right in time.

"Thanks, Mr.Slug," Naruto thanked his summoning animal, but recieved the angry answer telling his not a 'normal slug'.

"What's wrong with the slug?" Naruto confusingly asked him.

"Cause I'm not the normal slug!"

"Of course you're not a normal slug! You're a giant slug!"

"I see, you're a tough one, just like Hashirams," the 'not a normal' slug commented, "my name is Hoshiko the sage of the slugs from the Shikkotsu forest!"

"You called yourself a slug now," Naruto commented as Hoshiko sighed knowing that continue arguing is useless.

In the same time their opponent was shocked from the power of Hoshiko.

"Orochimaru-sama will definitely like this one," the sound-nin admitted as he dissapered.

"Anyways, where is our opponent?" Naruto asked he looked around trying to him. Suddenly the shinobi appeared in the back going through several handseals and shouting, "Katon: gōkakyū no jutsu!"

Giant fireball flew at the Naruto, but the Hoshiko blocked it with the 'Woo style' again.

"Thanks, Slug Sage," Naruto thanked his saviour again, "now leave it to me."

Naruto jumped from Hoshiko and flew towards the captain trying to create some Shadow Clones. Suddenly he felt exhaustion and no chakra in his body and just started to falling down. Hoshiko catched him and started healing him.

"Idiot, you have no chakra left," Hoshiko said with the strict tone.

In the same time the sound-nin was already exhausted. He was incredibly angry with the fact that even with his second stage he can't beat the 'little brat'. Suddenly his mind started slowly dying and he slowly became crazy, and agrresive.

He combined now two his 'Beast Arm' into one giant Hameed and slammed it into the ground making the earthquake that even Gai who was pretty far away feel it with all it's might.

The wave after the hit went straight at Hoshiko, but in the last moment he separated himself into two parts avoiding the wave.

"That was so cool, Slug Sage!" Naruto exclaimed in still shock after what he saw, "I started to love slugs!"

"Shut up, brat!" Hoshiko shouted at Naruto who seemed to didn't like that answer by crossing his arms, "we have a very strong opponent here and he seems to be crazy. You better hear my plan."

Naruto nodded and the slug sage started spitting his acid at their opponent who easily dodged it. However, he didn't notice as on his back two big parts of wood emerged from the ground and captured him. They started slowly draining his chakra and when it have fully drained the curse seal reached it maximum and the shinobi captain broke the wood and releasing from the capture. He one last time went through seals and shouted, "Katon: gōkakyū no jutsu!"

The giant fireball, the biggest that Naruto ever saw in his life, was fired at the Hoshiko. However, when the smoke disspared, no slug was standing there as Naruto flew at his opponent, who in the last second pierced with his arm into Naruto's chest, but that was clone as real Naruto appeared and concentrated all his chakra in a fist, finishing the sound-nin.

"You little..." the shinobi tried to spoke, but he couldn't.

"I told you I won't give up," Naruto said while watching how his opponent slowly dies. In the same time Gai finally reached Naruto, finding out that he won. Gai was quite surprised and praised Naruto.

"I'm glad that is over. If I didn't summon the Slug Sage I doubt I would have won that battle." Naruto said in relief, "anyway, it's time to go home. Hinata and Bushy Browns must be waiting for us."

"We need also to show the body to Konoha medics. They sure will find out something about Orochimaru," Gai said as Naruto and the clone picked up Jugo's body and carried him back to their rendezvous point.
---