Chapter 15

"I hate D-ranks!" Naruto shouted while he was waist deep in the Konoha river fishing out garbage.

So far they had been Genin for two weeks and damn it was bad. He hoped for the extreme and interesting missions like they talked about at the academy. Funny enough the academy never mentioned such a thing as D-rank missions which included marvellous tasks such as planting the vegetables on the garden, painting the fence and removing garbage from the river or his all-time favorite: catching the cat named Tora.

The 'adventure of youth' as Gai called it consisted of cleaning the river near the Konoha and how that was annoying.

Then again Gai said they were making great process in their training and he was going to ask the Hokage for a C-rank mission soon.

The training sessions went well, as Gai started making more private lessons for each of his students. Naruto started working on his new fighting style and the scrolls Gai gave him about the "Wind Release" demanded that he was already able to gather pure wind chakra, which he could train by splitting a leaf with his chakra. So far he tried it for two weeks and all he had to show for it is a small indent that might be the beginning of a cut. Gai told him not to give up and it could take even more than a year to cut leaf in less then a second. He also suggested Naruto to go to one of his Jounin friends Asuma Sarutobi who's chakra nature was also wind. So Naruto went to find Asuma and luckily for him he found Choji who was in Asuma's team.

"Hey, Choji!" Naruto called his friend.

"Oh, hi Naruto" he answered while putting another chip in his mouth.

"Do you know where Asuma is?" Naruto asked him.

"Yes, he's playing with Shikamaru in the game called Shogi at Shikamaru's house"

"Thank you Choji!" Naruto said to his friend as he left to find Shikamaru house.

After some time he found Asuma and Shikamaru still playing Shogi. He then interrupted them.

"Hi Shikamaru, Hello Asuma-sensei" Naruto said as Shikamaru curiously asked him.

"What are you doing here Naruto?"

"I came here to ask Asuma-sensei for a help" Naruto answered.

"Why do you need help?" Asuma asked him.

"Well, Gai-sensei told me that you're specialist in 'Wind Release', so can you please give me some advice" Naruto said as he made his puppy eyes trying to convince Asuma.

"So your chakra nature is wind?" Asuma chuckled, "I'll help you if you will pay for lunch with Choji instead of me"

Naruto remembered Choji's crazy appetite and opened his Gama-chan while checking his money.

"Fine then" Naruto sighed, "if that's the pay for a training I will do it"

"Well then let's begin" said Asuma as he stood up and went with Naruto to the training grounds. There he grabbed some strange knifes with brass knuckles combined together. He explained that this was Chakra Blades that made of a special-made metal that can be infused through " chakra flow " with elemental chakra or even Yin–Yang chakra to produce added effects. Naruto then tried to do the same, but it was much weaker than Asuma's, as then Asuma explained him.

"You should grind your chakra against one another. That will do much better"

"But why I need to infuse wind chakra into the blade, if they already sharp as it is" Naruto asked not understanding why the're doing this.

"Throw the blade at the tree" he said as Naruto threw the knife at the tree as it hit it. Asuma then threw his blade at the tree as it went through the tree and penetrates a boulder.

"Awesome" Naruto commented as Asuma smirked.

"It could also gone through the bolder as well, but I was holding back"

"Thank you Asuma-sensei!" Naruto happily thanked him.

Later Naruto together with Asuma and Shikamaru went to the barbecue restaurant, while Naruto happed for Choji to have bad appetite today.
---