Chapter 12

The same day Naruto was returning home and saw his old teacher eating some dango.

"Hey, Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto called him.

"Hello Naruto," he greeted his old student as he saw Konoha headband on his forehead, "so you passed the exam, huh?"

"As you see yes," as he pointed on headband again, "I want to thank you for this mega cool Shadow Clone Jutsu. It helped me a lot."

"No problem," he said as he continue reading his 'Icha Icha' book. Then suddenly Sasuke showed up with his teammates.

"Sasuke!" Naruto called his old friend.

"So you idiot passed the exam, huh?" Sasuke casually asked Naruto .

"Shut up you!" Naruto answered him as Sasuke laughed.

"Sasuke, who the hell is that?" the girl with a pink dress and two buns in her hair asked Sasuke.

"Just an old classmate," he casually answered.

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto and I'll became the greatest Hokage that Konoha ever seen!" he exclaimed as Tenten thought overherself 'He is just like Lee. Always talking big'.

"You're fool. All Hokages were born with choosen destiny to become them and you'll just waste your time trying to become something that you can never be," said guy with long black hair and white eyes like Hinata's.

"Who the hell are you?" Naruto aggressively asked this guy as Kakashi stepped in. "Cut it out Naruto, you too Neji."

"I still have some things to do. Bye Kakashi-sensei, bye Sasuke," Naruto said as he left the 'Dango Shop' and thought about that guy.
---
The following day Naruto entered the room reserved for those who had graduated and waited to see on which team they would be placed.

He sat on the sit near the Rock Lee or 'Bushy Browns' as he called him. Naruto looked at him and saw his eyes full in fire and he were fully enthusiastic as usual. Naruto even moved further from him.

Suddenly Iruka entered the room with a clipboard and everybody suddenly became very nervous. They all knew that they would now be paired up with their teammates, something that would decide their future for years to come. Everyone crossed their fingers hoping to be placed with a certain person of their class or hoping to avoid a certain person instead. The suspense hung thick as mist in the air.

"All right, listen up." The Chunin said "I will now divide you into three-man teams and inform you who your sensei is, he will then pick you up within the next hour and take it from there. Now team 1 is..." He then went over a list of people Naruto wasn't interested about until finally "Team seven will be: Naruto Uzumaki, Hinata Hyuga and Rock Lee. Your Jonin-sensei will be Maito Gai."

'I'm in the same team with BUSHY BROWNS?! It will be a long way to go. Atleast Hinata is normal. Of course I hope to be in the same team with Sakura-chan, but that's okay' Naruto thought of his teammates.

"Naruto-kun, I'm glad that we're in the same team and I'll definitely going to prove that hardwork beat genius," said Rock Lee with more passion than usual to his new teammate.

'Something is definitely wrong with him' Naruto thought as he tried to pretend that he didn't heard anything.

'I'm in the same team with Naruto-kun' Hinata thought as she blushed, 'I thought I'll be in the same team with Kiba and Shino, since Aburame, Hyuga and Inuzuka clans often formed a scouting teams'

Then Iruka called other teams. "Shino Aburame, Sakura Haruno and Kiba Inuzuka will be team eight with Kurenai Yuhi as Jonin-sensei. Team ten is Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara and Choji Akimichi. Your Sensei will be Asuma Sarutobi."

"So our sensei will be Maito Gai, huh?" Naruto pondered, "Why does that name sound familiar? And why do I have a bad feeling about this?"

"You must have heard my eternal rival Kakashi talk about me!" A loud voice suddenly boomed through the class as a man wearing a green spandex appeared. "Greetings everyone! I am Maito Gai, the mighty green beast of Konoha!" he flashed a smile while giving a thumbs up and a sunset seemed to appear behind his back.

'Is that our sensei?' Naruto taught, 'Kakashi considers him his rival?'

'Green really isn't his colour' Sakura concluded.

'I am glad this isn't our sensei, he looks weird.' Choji thought.

"All right my youthful students!" Gai said in his energetic voice, "We don't have time to waste! Meet me at the roof of the academy in five minutes, on second thought make that four minutes. We must continue to push ourselves to greater heights!" without looking back he suddenly ran of towards the roof... on his hands.

"Yes Sensei!" Rock Lee shouted as he followed his new teacher on the hands too.

'How did I angered the god to be in the same team with those two' Naruto thought.
---