Chapter 8

"So you just gonna sit here and not explain that big ass diamond on ya hand?" Honey asked while braiding her clients hair.

Zinna looked down at the diamond ring that was displayed on her hand. She felt her cheeks start to rise when she thought about the events leading up to the ring and what happened after the ring.

"It's a ring." Zinna smirked before going back to booking the appointments on her Mac Book Pro.

Honey and Bali looked up from their clients and scrunched their faces at Zinna. Zinna knew exactly what they wanted to know, but was holding onto information.

"Bitch you are engaged, just tell us what's going on?" Bali said not paying to her client. Her client scrunched her face up from the wand curl touched her scalp. Bali immediately apologized before placing Aloe Vera on the woman scalp where she burnt her.

"I'll tell ya'll after we finish today." They all nodded before going back to their clients.

Zinna kept a smile on her face throughout the day. It was quite evident that she was blushing behind her chocolate cheeks. Regular clients and her friends noticed that Zinna had a different glow about her, but they were all unaware about what was going on.

Zinna happily booked all her appointments for the month of December. She was taken out of her thought process when the generic facetime ring from her phone sounded. She pulled out her gold iphone xs max out her pocked looking down at who was calling.

She happily slid her thump over the accept slider before getting up and going to her office, so no one could hear her conversation. She closed and locked her office door before finally saying something.

"Hey boo." Zinna looked down at the screen and she her love sitting there smoking a blunt. He sat shirtless on his sofa focusing on something, most likely the tv in front of him.

"Wassup Mamas how ya day going?" He looked at the camera finally before blowing out smoke.

"It's good, but everybody wondering about this rock you put on my finger." Zinna held out her hand to show case the diamond, that she couldn't help showing off every chance she got.

"They have. What you been saying?"

"Nothing, I told them i'll tell them later." He nodded his head before taking another hit of the blunt.

"You okay with what's going on between us?" He asked her hoping that he wasn't forcing anything on her that she didn't wanna do.

"It's fine baby boy. I get what you tryna do and I agree with what's going. You don't have to worry I agree." Zinna was cut short by knocking and yelling at her door. David scrunched up his face trying to figure out what we going on, on the other side of screen.

"I'll come over and see you love." Zinna said still hearing the knock on her door.

"I'll come to you mamas. I love you baby girl." He spoke taking another pull to the blunt.

"I love you papa." She hung up before placing her phone on her desk.

She got up making sure to pull her black body con dress down. She walked to the door opening it fast causing both Honey and Bali to fall onto the marble flooring. Zinna shook her head causing her kinky curls to move with her head.

"What did ease dropping do for ya'll?" Zinna finally spoke looking down at the two as they tried to get up of the ground.

She outstreched both of her hands to help both of them get of the ground. She pulled her body back a little bit causing both of them to land on their feet. She turned around sitting at her plush pink chair in her office slightly spinning right to left, preparing to hear what was said.

"So wassup wit that ring on ya finger. I just seen you Saturday and you come back to work on today and you have a rock on ya finger." Bali asked confused on what could happen in a 2 days.

"I just wanna know when you and David getting married." Honey said leaning back in the chair.

"Ok, so since ya'll wanted to know. I am engaged to David." Zinna spoke with a wide smile. Bali looked at Zinna confused because they had just met and now they are talking getting married.

"Ain't ya'll just met though. Like not on no hating shit, but don't you think it's to early." Zinna scrunched up her face because Bali didn't know shit about their relationship, yet she felt like she had a say in what Zinna and David were doing in their relationship.

This is why Zinna hated people in her business. She was okay with people knowing her and David talked but that was about it. She didn't want people to know their every move in their relationship, because they would feel like they were entitled to speak on their relationship.

"I actually support you in your decision baby girl. As long as you're happy I'm happy." Honey replied while cheesing looking at the ring on Zinna's finger.

"You just dick riding her my dawg. Like can't you see he gonna drop her and leave her and find somebody that looks like they belong with him." Bali spoke up practically yelling now.

"Why can't you be happy for her son. She might be engaged early in her relationship but who was to say she don't wait 3-5 years to actually get married." Honey waved Bali off while scoffing,

"Do you think David actually wanna marry someone that look like her seriously." Bali laughed while sitting back in her chair. Zinna looked at Bali crazy trying to figure out where all this was coming from.

"First off all I ain't insecure no where in my relationship and I trust my nigga. You more worried about us, then we are about our damn selves. Why would he go for a bitch like you when he could have me." Zinna shook her trying to stop herself from slapping Bali silly.

Bali stormed out of the office causing both Honey and Zinna to shake their hands. Zinna was upset but Bali could play silly, but Zinna was the one to fight.

"Girl I want you to know that i support you no matter ya decision. But when is the wedding date?" Zinna laughed to herself at Honey's foolishness.

"We taking our time. We might be engaged but we not getting married so soon." She nodded.

"But, what was this bullshit that just happened?"

"Girl, I don't know but imma find out." I shook my head tired of all the bullshit.

---------------------------------

Authors note

So how ya'll feel about this chapter?

What do you think about what's going on wirh Bali?

25 comments for a new chapter.