Chapter 11

Early the day of the fire........

"California I can't keep raising this little girl." Bali watched as her grandfather let out a gut wrenching cough.

"Grandpa you know I can't raise her with my condition. That's just setting myself up for failure." Bali looked over at the couch to see the little girl sleeping.

"You are her mother where is her father. That David kid you keep showing her." Bali lowered her head and shook her head side to side.

"He isn't her dad. I didn't want you to feel disappointed in me." Bali felt tears in her eyes before quickly wiping them.

"Who's her actual father." Bali looked up at him before shaking her head laughing.

"He died." That's all she said. She knew how he died and that wasn't really nobody business.

"Bali my cancer spread all over my body. I can't raise her no more. I can't even take care of myself." He shook his head before coughing with blood this time.

"I'll take her grandpa." Bali smiled already knowing her plan.

Bali walked towards the tore leather couch with slow strides. She carefully picked up her baby girl Imani before placing her head on her shoulder. She brought the young girl to her old room before placing her on the bed. She laid her under the flower comforter before grabbing a piece of paper and pencil from the closet.

I kept this secret long enough and I can't keep it any longer. I can't go day by day and act as if my daughter doesn't have a daddy. She asks about you constantly and all I could do is show her pictures knowing our history.

Of course, we didn't end well. But, we have a blessing out of it. Our beautiful daughter Imani.

I know you might think I'm crazy but I'm far from it. I'm just a mother that thinks her child need a father in her life. I want you to step up as a man and take care of her as best as you can.

I'm not right in the mind to take care of her. My grandpa is suffering with stage 4 cancer and doesn't have long to live.

Imani was born on August 27, 2015. Her full name is Imani Lay Erickson.

When you read this letter I'll be far away from here. I hope you the best of luck.

Love,

California

Bali felt a shiver down her body while signing her original name. She hated it since the day she was born and the killings she did didn't make it no better.

Bali walked down the stairs to see what her grandpa was doing but stopped seeing he was watching the news. Channel 5 was reporting a attempted murder in the area.

"25 year old California is suspected on the assault on her mother. Her mother was brought into the hospital was a blunt force hit to the head which ended up in a concussion to the head. She reported being hit in the head with a vase and watched as her daughter pulled out a pocket knife. California is wanted for 8 murders around the city in the pass couple years. If you see her around don't forget to cal crime stoppers."

Bali eyes bucked as her old pictures were displayed over the television with the words 'Wanted' over the screen. She was kinda relieved it was pictures of her old self but still scared because her mother could tell the police about the reconstruction surgery.

"California how could you?" Her grandfather looked at her terrified.

"I ain't do it." Bali looked at him with no type of emotions in her dark brown eyes.