Chapter 8: Torn

Everything was going too fast

In a day you were back, hearing his new melodies, sharing smiles, laughs. In the next second, you were burying your beloved little brother. His so well cared oud, silenced forever between his hands in where you placed the ring set you had just gave to him and almost wasn't able to see him using...

So many plans for melodies and happiness were in your mind when you found that ring set for him... Now it all has gone into the shadows Hvitserk was already concerned about seeing in your eyes. Constantly.

"You will never talk to me again?"

And, of course, there was the angry.

"Ivar... Just give her some time..." Hvitserk tried, as he was trying since it all happened.

There was already about a month of Sigurd's death, and you haven't spoken a word to Ivar since what occurred. He wasn't able to see - since, for you, he was too selfish to look around and see anything but his own nose tip! - But you weren't talking not only to him.

Not even Hvitserk was hearing your voice as much as he was used to. Ubbe was starting to be concerned about your mental health. "Maybe lose so many people in so few time was too much for her", you remember you heard him talking with Hvitserk, who was defending you with claws and teeth, insisting all you needed was time, even you know he was almost disbelieving his own theory.

"How much time does she need? Uh? There is a month already!" Ivar spilled, angry, as always.

And it caught your eyes, finally turning your attention from inside your thoughts to his surprised blues. He never saw so much anger in somebody else's eyes...

"Y/N..." Hvitserk tried, but you turned your body to Ivar, looking inside his eyes like a lion about to swallow a bunny.

"Time enough for me to forget I was about to defend you when you killed my brother!" you yelled the three last words, causing Ivar to shrink in his own chair, looking at you completely hurt while you left your chair, leaving the table, trying to get some air.