6

Mondo POV

I was sitting down with my head in my arms, hunched onto a classroom desk.

Dammit. Why did I do that. The kid must hate me now, yep. I'll just accept it–

My thoughts were interrupted by the classroom door opening. I peered over and saw Kid standing in the door, hooked up to a moving IV pole. He looked sort of, lifeless. The colors were drained from his face, his eyes were baggy, and dark purple bruises littered his face. Jeez, did I really punch him that hard?

We exchanged looks for what seems like hours, but after a while he just murmured "I'm sorry..." What? What is he apologizing for?

"what are you apologizing for? There's nothing for you to apologize about..." He just looked me in the eyes, unmoving. He opened his mouth to say something, but immediately closed it, as if he didn't want to say something. "You're right, I'm sorry." He scurried out of the room in such a rush it was like a blur. "Wait! Kid!"

I hastily stood up from my seat and ran after the small boy, who was going pretty fast despite his size. I continued racing him down the hallway, until we got to a stairwell. It was unlocked, so he ran up the stairs, clutching the IV pole attached to him. I followed, only to find him going up another flight of stairs. 'Damn, is he planning on going up to the roof or something?'

As I suspected, he continued until he made it to the double doors at the top. He pushed open the doors and hid somewhere. 'Where did he go?'

I looked around for a bit, then looked behind the stairwell's wall, and there he was. Sitting down, knees to his chin, breathing heavily. I grunted and he looked up at me, tears in his eyes. He tried to scamper up so he could leave, but quickly fell back down into his original place.

"Hey! Why are you running! What the fuck is your problem?!" The smaller male whimpered and looked down. 'might take a while to get him to open up.'