CHAPTER 4: She Blushed

PHOENIX

When our plane landed, I checked my phone and noticed a text from one of my Delta's telling me that there was a new Alpha in town talking shit who wanted to fight me.

I always loved a good challenge and decides to take him on and would go to surprise my cousin at her house afterwards.

So we got our rental truck and headed over to the place.

Once we got there and were making our way to the place where fighters go to get ready and I was saying hi to people and then after getting ready, I headed out to the ring and got ready.

"Good for you to show up." The little dumbass who I'm fighting taunts.

"Scared?" I ask.

"Hell no! I'm ready to be the first one to take you down!" The guy says.

"We'll see." I grin.

The ref goes over the rules about 'illegal' moves and a few other things. Then once we  were told to start we began going at each other.

He got a few hits in here and there but for the most part, I was the one doing the damage.

Then the fight, just as all the others, was over quickly and I of course, was announced as the winner.

"Mate! Mate!" My wolf, Red shouts at me.

I then look over and see this beautiful shy girl standing next to my cousin and has an amazing scent and damn, is she blushing? And oh my god, the way she tries to hide herself as she bites her lower lip nervously a little bit. That's hot as hell.

I got out of the ring and told Neil that my cousin was here and of course he was excited as he hasn't seen his mate in several months. Though he doesn't know that I already know about his visits.

After I got out of the shower and finished getting dressed, I came walking out and smelled my mate's scent even stronger than before. She must be nearby. So I head out the room and just as I thought, she was right there, standing next to Delanee.

She was beautiful. Thick curves, medium to long dark hair with jeans that hugged her nice round ass and hips perfectly along with her tank top that was fitting her perfect as well along with her cardigan. She was beautiful.

I hadn't realized I was staring at her until I heard my cousin break my concentration.

"And as for you!" She says as she steps in front of me.

"What?" I ask.

"I should kick your ass for not telling me you were coming here tonight." She scowls.

"I wanted to surprise you." I try and tell her.

"Mhm." She says with crossed arms.

"Well, you can kick my ass later but for now, why don't you introduce me to your friend." I nod as I look at her.

"Oh, this is my best friend Sundaye." She introduces us and it looks like my mate is a little nervous to look at me.

"What's up?" I ask.

Oh god, did I really just say that?

"Hi." She says with a smile.

"Sundaye, this is my dumb ass cousin, Phoenix. Phoenix, this is my best friend, Sundaye." Delanee introduces us.

"It's nice to meet you." I tell her as I take a step closer.

"You too." She says while nervously biting her lower lip again.

I wanted to say something else but got interrupted by Neil.

"Hey so, I'm starving and think we need to go and get something to eat." He says.

"Me too! Let's head to that Denny's up the street." Delanee suggests.

"Sounds good to me." I reply.

We start heading out and throughout the whole time we were eating, Neil and Delanee were mostly caught up in each other in which I didn't care because I was already too caught up in getting to know my mate.

"So how long have you known Delanee?" I ask as I take a bite of some pancakes.

"For a few years." She replies.

"Really? How come I haven't seen you whenever I've visited?" I ask.

"I don't know." She shrugs.

We both continue eating and then I finally break the awkward silence that was created by mind linking her.

"I know you're my mate and I'm yours." I let her know.

I notice her look up from her food and starts blushing again.

"And I love it when you blush." I mind link her again.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)
Hey guys! I hope you thought this was just as cute as I had wanted it to be.