CHAPTER 13: A New Life

SUNDAYE

I am feeling really nervous right now because the moment I walk out this kitchen door and set down these platters of foods on the table, I'm not sure in what's going to happen. So I quickly take in a deep breath and let it out before opening the door with my hands full and walk over towards the table.

I make no eye contact and begin to hide how I'm truly feeling so that I don't tip off my family. Whatever Phoenix is thinking, I just hope it happens quickly.

"So, Alpha Phoenix, about the alliance." My father says.

I stand in the corner as I always do while they eat in case they need something else.

"About that...." I hear Phoenix start without anyone touching the food. "There will never be an alliance between us." He says.

"Excuse me?" My father asks while glaring at him.

"You heard me." Phoenix scowls at him. "Let's cut the bullshit. I came here to get one thing from you and it's not an alliance. In a couple of minutes, I'm gonna take your daughter, Sundaye, MY mate out of this hell. If you and your family try in any way to stop me and my men, we will kill you. If anyone of you, including that Ezekiel fucker try to come after her, I will kill all of you." Phoenix threatens in a calming yet serious and threatening demeanor.

Then I notice all of Phoenix's men are looking at my parents and sister along with Phoenix.

I make the regretful mistake in looking up and notice my father glaring at me.

"I knew it. Ezekiel was right." My father grins in a creepy and menacing way at me and I've seen that look before.

I start to panic and he can tell I am. He then looks back at Phoenix and the next thing I know, the table gets flipped and everyone stands and quickly shift into their werewolf forms. Though before Phoenix does, he yells to me 'Get out of here!'

I quickly run and leave and try to make it out towards the front door when I get knocked down from behind.

Then once turned onto my back again, I see it's my sister and she didn't shift yet. Though she looks pissed off.

We start fighting each other and throwing punches until she jumps back on top of me with her knee against my neck.

"You're gonna let them kill our parents you fucking weak little piece of shit!" She yells at me and starts clawing at me.

Finally, my wolf helps me out and forcefully pushes her off and has her fly so hard and far to where she accidentally hits the stairs leading up to the patio, breaking the stairs and causing a piece of wood from the steps to go through her back and come out through her stomach. She was killed instantly.

After finally catching my breath, I try and get up while ignoring the sharp pain I was feeling throughout my whole body. Then I felt someone grab me from out of nowhere to my left and at first I quickly started trying to hit them and get them away from me. 

"Woah! Woah! Woah! Calm down! It's me, Delanee!" I hear her say.

I then throw my arms over her and hug her tightly while starting to cry.

"Oh my god she's dead. I didn't mean to kill her." I cried.

"Shh. It's okay. Come on, let's get in the car." She tells me and begins escorting me to the car where once we get inside and she hugs me closer to her, we hear all the guys come running out, still putting some of their clothes back on while quickly then piling inside and Neil asks how Delanee had even got here but she ignored him.

"Mine!" I hear Phoenix say to me as I next feel him quickly pick me up and put me onto his lap, holding me close to him.

I snuggle into him more and we start driving off.

Then when we get back to the house, he carries me into the house and lays me down onto the bed. He tries to walk away but I didn't want him to leave.

"Please don't go." I cry out.

He turns and looks at me with a sad look and then smiles as he shuts the door and locks it before turning around to look at me.

"I won't ever leave you. But baby, I need to take a shower before I lay with you." He says.

"Can I take one with you?" I ask.

He just smiles.

"Of course my love." He smiles and then comes and picks me up again then turns on the water as we both begin removing each other's clothes both stepping into the shower where we both held each other and kissed and cleaned ourselves before he then carried me back to the bed where we got in our pajamas and then got under the covers and cuddled in each other's arms.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)