CHAPTER 17: I'm Sorry, I Love You

SUNDAYE

Everyone just sat there in shock and utter disbelief as I'm sure they were surprised to hear me say all of that, though it's the truth.

I know what the Elders and the rest of the council can do to me for punishment. However, I'm willing to accept my fate and the consequences for what happened.

So as we all are in silence for what seemed like forever, I couldn't read any of their faces or minds which scared me even more.

Then we all heard Alpha Phoenix say something.

"I'll do it." He says.

"What?" The head Elder asks.

"If Ezekiel here wants to fight for my title then so be it. But I have only one condition. Rather I win or lose, he is to never come near Sundaye or my family ever again. And if I win, I get to punish him." He suggests.

The Elders all looked at each other and then back at Ezekiel and Phoenix.

"Alright. Deal. The games for you both will be in one month from now. So I suggest you all prepare and get ready." He tells everyone.

"But...." I try to protest but realize I can't as I feel Phoenix squeeze my hand a little bit to stop me.

Then once we were all finished up, I stormed out of the room without holding Phoenix's hand and for the entire car ride home, I was quiet.

There was a part of me that felt special and loved as he sacrificed his life and everything to protect me but shouldn't have done that. He can't always be the hero.

As soon as we got home, Delanee was about to ask me if I was okay but I told her now was not the time to say anything to me.

I continued stomping up the stairs into our bedroom and decided I was going to draw a bath to try and calm myself down and relax.

Although before I could even draw the water for the bath, I heard our bedroom door slam shut behind us and I turned to see that it was Phoenix.

"We need to talk." He says firmly.

"No we don't. Because there is nothing I have to say to you." I scowl at him.

"Don't you give me that look. Besides why are you so upset? Nothing's gonna happen to me." He proclaims.

"You don't know that. You men and your egos can sometimes become so big to where you won't see the trouble you got yourselves into." I snap at him.

"I honestly don't see in what the big deal is. This isn't an ego thing first of all this is more of a protecting my mate thing. Which is something I expected you'd be really happy about." He fires back at me.

"I'm grateful and touched that you want to be my knight and shining armor, I really do. But I also know I am trying to protect my mate from possibly being killed." I exclaim.

"So am I. I love you and what you did was in self defense which I'm sure that the elders understood. But why you're jumping down my throat, for wanting to protect you the same way you want to protect me?!" He snaps at me.

He's right. Why am I being such a bitch?! Oh my god, I've turned into one of those people.  Right away I resort back to my old ways and start breaking down and crying.

"I'm sorry. You're right. I don't know why I'm even arguing with you." I cry to him.

He quickly walks up to me and wraps me up into his arms trying to help comfort me.

"It's okay baby. I understand. I didn't mean to get upset with you. I just don't want to lose you." He tells me as he puts his forehead up against mine.

We stand there for a moment while he wipes away my tears and then we begin kissing each other and he lifts me up wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck while he carries me over towards the bed and lays on top of me.

"I love you." He tells me while looking into my eyes.

"I love you too." I smile in reply.

We look at each other for another moment before I bring up something that now seems like a better time than ever, with what all his coming up within the next month.

"What is it?" He asks.

"I want you to mark me." I tell him.

"But we can wait." He tells me.

"No. I've waited a long time already to find my mate and to have him mark me. And now knowing that you will be in the games next month..." I started to mention before he stopped me.

"Is that the only reason you want to do it?" He asked concerned.

"No. That is just a tiny fraction of as to why. The main reason is because I want to make it official. We HAVE to make it official." I explain briefly.

"Okay." He nods in agreement after taking a moment before pushing aside some hair that is covering the side of my neck.

"No." I stop him while holding his hand in mine. "I want you to do it while you make love to me."

"Are you sure?" He asks.

I give him a look 'Really? Did you NOT just hear what I told you a second ago?!'

"Yes." I replied.

"Okay." He replied before gently placing his lips onto mine.

We began to slowly remove our clothes with each other before he gently laid me back onto the bed, took out a condom from the night stand and rolled it on then slowly moved between my legs.

"Nervous?" He asked.

"A little." I replied.

"Let me help with that first." He tells me with a smile.

He starts kissing me down my neck slowly then between the valley of my breasts before placing kisses onto my stomach until he gets down in between my legs and next places his lips and tongue onto my wet bud, causing my legs to shake a bit within seconds as he begins moving his tongue faster and faster until eventually reaching my first climax in my life.

Afterwards he makes his way back up to my lips where he kisses me again as he moves my legs apart more then making eye contact with me before I feel his tip touch my entrance then gently and slowly glides in an inch at a time inside of me.

There was some discomfort at first but then eventually got better to where it became more enjoyable. It was not until I was getting close to my climax that I felt his razor sharp canines penetrate into the flesh of my neck, causing me to yelp in pain before the pain subsided and I next bit into the side of his neck to mark him as well.

After we both were satisfied, we cuddled in each other's arms for a while and held each other.

"That was amazing." I tell him.

"Yes it was." He replied as he gently caressed the side of my arm and kissed the top of my head.

"Can we do it again?" I asked while moving my head to look up at him.

"Are you sure you're ready?" He asked me.

"Yes." I nodded.

"Anything you want." He smiles at me even bigger before kissing me again and this time, I got on top of him.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)