CHAPTER 5: I Hope Not

SUNDAYE

I was really happy to know that I have found my mate and that he seemed to really like me too.

The fact he was an Alpha was more crazy to me and made me, for a little bit in the beginning, after finding out he was my mate, that the Moon Goddess put us together.

After grabbing a bite to eat, we headed back to the house.

I hadn't realized Phoenix and I were holding each other's hands until we were about to get out of the car and he kissed my hand then got out and walked around to open the door for me while both Neil and Delanee were in the back still making out.

We all went into the house and both Neil and Delanee went to her room and left Phoenix and I alone.

We both stood there and I felt a little nervous until he broke the awkward silence between us.

"So you wanna watch a movie?" He asks.

"Um, yeah." I reply.

We sit down on the couch after he makes popcorn and brings us a couple of drinks and as soon as he plops down beside me, he right away puts one of his arms around my shoulders.

I love that I have found my mate and instantly can feel myself melt into his arms every time he touches me. Not to mention my wolf gets excited.

I feel as though we have known each other for a long time when we literally just met.

I guess I can enjoy this for now but I know that this will come to an end. Because I can't have a mate. My family will never allow this and may even harm him.

I should reject him right now. Save him the from the bigger pain I will cause later. And as far as us mind linking each other, I have to stop allowing him to do that. Starting right now.

"Don't say that." My wolf, Meadow starts to protest. "He's our mate. He is here to save us." She tells me.

"Stop it Meadow! We will talk about this later. We both know things could happen to him and Delanee. We can't allow that." I try and explain.

"But..." She says but I stop her right away.

"I said we will discuss this later." I interrupt.

"Are you okay?" I hear him ask.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I tell him. "Actually, I am a little tired. I think I'll go to bed." I tell him and just start to get up.

"Wait." He says as he turns off the TV and stands up and turns me to face him.

"Please.." I start to cry as I feel the sparks caused by his touch start up.

I next feel his hand touch the side of my face as he then lifts my chin up to look at him.

"Listen to me. I'm not going anywhere. I don't care who your family is, but they won't determine our future. I'm your mate as you are mine and nobody can argue with the Moon Goddess and her decisions." He tells me.

"You don't understand. They are capable of doing really bad things to others. I have seen them even do bad things to Alpha's who were supposed to be strong." I began.

"I'm not like most. I'm one of the best and the strongest. Now I don't know who has made you feel like you were less than nothing or that you don't matter but you need to understand something. I'm not leaving you. I will protect you. You will never feel pain again as long as I'm with you." He says as he gently wipes the tears that have fallen down my face, away with his thumb.

I then put my arms around him and we press our foreheads against each other's as I start to cry.

"Promise me. Promise me this isn't a dream or some cruel joke. Please." I tell him just as another tear slips from my eyes.

"I promise that this isn't a dream." He tells me and to me, that validated it. He really is my mate and I really am his and none of this is a dream......At least I hope not.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)