~just a dream~

i had a dream.
and you.
you were in that dream.
i run towards you and you embraced me with open arms.
we hugged an i fell apart in your arms.
you tried picking up my pieces, without even realizing that by hugging me, i automatically became complete.
i started crying and shaking.
you told me not to cry.
but i couldn't help it.
my tears just streamed down like a waterfall, and i wasn't able to stop them.
i rested my head in the crook of your neck and took a deep breath.
i looked up at you with tears in my eyes, and asked if you wanted to hear my story?
you nodded your head yes, and i started explaining about my anxiety, self harm, eating disorder, and most importantly, about you.
i kept crying into your chest, not believing this is actually real.
i couldn't believe that after all this time, it finally happened. it seemed so real yet so impossible.
and for the first time in my life, i actually felt safe.
i felt at home.
i felt whole.
i guess some dreams really aren't meant to come true.

~
this is actually based on a dream i had last night.
i woke up with tears, with my heart aching.
i didn't understand why i was crying, i didn't remember what i dreamed about, so I went back to sleep.
the next day at noon, i suddenly out of nowhere remembered what i dreamt about and i started crying.
so i felt the need to write this.