Chapter 8

[ Caroline's POV ]
Ugh. I feel so disgusting. I was all sweaty and nasty. I got up, which was very painful. I stumbled a little bit, knocking over a chair. I knew that Klaus had heard, and in a matter of seconds he was in the room, by my side. He helped me balance a little bit and sat me back down on the bed.
"Take it easy, love. You just gave birth to two beautiful babies."
"Nik, I'm fine. Just a little unbalanced. I can walk by myself." I said that a little frustrated and aggressive, which I was. He looked a little stunned as the words came out of my mouth. "Klaus, I'm sorry. I'm just frustrated. I mean, I'm a vampire. I can't even walk by myself." A tear ran down my face.
[ Klaus's POV ]
I looked at her with such astonishment. I cupped her face and sweeper her tear away with my thumb. "Love, don't be upset. You just gave birth to two girls, which you weren't even supposed to be pregnant with. Don't be so hard on yourself, Caroline." I looked at her with adoring eyes. She was always so hard on herself. I never understood why, she was so perfect. All it took was a little reassurance, and she was back to her normal self. I gave her some more of my blood, she seemed to be a little weak. "Okay, love. Why don't you take a shower now. I'll have the girls be brought up and you can finally see them." The smile on her face was priceless. I wish I could just go back in time and capture a picture of her. So perfect.
[ Caroline's POV ]
I hopped in the shower and rushed because I wanted to see my girls. Klaus's blood really seemed to help me gain my strength back. I put on some Nike shorts, a t-shirt and brushed my hair. There was no need to actually get ready, I mean I'm only going downstairs. Well, actually, Klaus was bringing them upstairs. I walked into the bedroom and Klaus was sitting on the bed. "Klaus. Where are my girls?" He laughed a little bit. Asshole.
"Relax, love. Elijah and Rebekah are bringing them up." Next thing you know, they were walking. Rebekah handed me one of the girls. She handed me the one with the same eyes as me. She sat beside me.
"They're beautiful, Caroline."
"Indeed they are." Elijah added. I cried a little when I saw them. They were so perfect. My dream of becoming a mother finally came true.
"We need to name them, love."
"I know. I don't know what though."
"I have an idea for one. How about Lizzie short for Elizabeth."
"After my mom. Nik-" I choked on the thought. He really did love me. He wanted to name one of our children after my mom. He understood how much I missed her.
He looked at the little girl I was holding, and said, "I think this one should be Lizzie. She has your eyes. And if I do recall, you and your mom share the same eyes."
"Niklaus Mikaelson. I don't believe I've ever been more in love with you." Wow. He really was the love of my life. "Klaus, we still need name ideas. We have one nameless baby." I looked at Elijah and Rebekah and said "Any suggestions?"
"How about... Remi. Short for Remedy." Rebekah added.
"Or.." Elijah added. "We could name her Halle. Short for Harriet."
"Hmm." I said. "Harriet Mikaelson. Halle Mikaelson. Remedy Mikaelson. Remi Mikaelson." I looked at Klaus. I asked him which name he liked better. He whispered in my ear that he likes Remedy better. I agreed. "Sorry Elijah, I think Remedy is the winner."
"We'll leave you two alone." Elijah said. He tapped Rebekah on the shoulder and they left.
[ Klaus's POV ]
"Well, love. It seems as if we have figured our names out. Remedy and Elizabeth Mikaelson. I love it. But, one thing is missing."
"What do you mean Klaus? They're middle names. Oh my gosh, I didn't give my babies a middle name. I'm a terrible mother.Ugh."
"No, love. You're not a terrible mother, and that's not what I was talking about, but I guess we should think of middle names. I was talking about your name." She looked at me with a puzzling face, still not understanding what I was trying to say. "Love, your name is Caroline Forbes. Everyone else is a Mikaelson. We all consider you a Mikaelson, but why don't we make it official."
"You wanna get married?" She was a little shocked when she said it.
"Of course I do. We don't have to have a wedding or anything but I'm going to get you a ring and everything. If we're gonna be together forever, we're at least gonna do it right."
"Nik, I love you. And I don't want a wedding. I don't need that much stress and bring that much attention to ourselves and our family. All I need is you." She kissed me passionately. Not with hunger or lust, just with love.
-
-
-
Did you enjoy? I know it's a little short, but I wanted to get it up right away! What do you think about the names of the twins. Of course I had to incorporate something from Legacies.