【Day 16】

When I woke, I could hear the faint sound of rain coming from outside the cave. I'm not too displeased about this since I want to try out that【Appraisal】ability I got and some others and check on the loot that we had brought back.

Sadly I will have to destroy the small house that is made from the gathered loot.

I started taking it apart as quickly as I could and found many amazing things. Just from the first sack I found clothes, meat of some sorts and kitchen utensils. The clothes are sadly too large however.

Many things were not in great quality either because they were found in burned buildings and on dead corpses.

I did however find bags and a sack full of stuff from the butchers. Cleavers, meat hooks and several kinds of meats.

The more I looked through the sacks, the more I thought that we did a good job until I found something even better. There was a large bag filled to the brim with jewels, money and expensive looking stones.

There was one stone in particular that I was very interested in. it was about the size of my palm and diversely coloured in various greens and light blues.

This was a perfect chance to try out my【Appraisal】.

I activated it without problem and a window with many words appeared in my mind.

==========================Appraisal==========================

Name:【Healing Sap Crystal】

Rank:【Rare】Class

Effect:

Consumes Mana and restores Health by a small amount.

Description:

A small beautiful crystal created by the falling sap of the Sanctus Tree that hardened and crystalized over several years.

============================================================

I am very surprised by this. The crystal that looked so special turned out to be something quite amazing.

I couldn't wait to try it, but I couldn't figure out how it worked. Maybe I have to be hurt for it to work or something first, but now I had an even better idea; what if I ate it.

It was hard, but didn't take much to eat and had a sweet taste similar to honey.

[Ability learned: 【Minor Healing】]

Just as I thought, I got an ability, and a healing one at that. I also believe that I have confirmed I can get abilities through eating at least most other things. Now I really want to try eating some of the weapons and knives that we have collected too.

I ate one of the swords and some pieces of armour we got a few days ago.

[Ability learned: 【Slashing Power Improvement】]

[Ability learned: 【Armour Power Improvement】]

I ate many other things too, but I only managed to get two abilities.

Sadly, I do not want to try this anymore because its too risky eating valuable equipment like this.

I decided to order all the things that we had now and put them into separate piles so they were easier to find.

After I was done with that, I went to try out some of my other new abilities.

I tried using【Cleave】with one of the butcher's knives. The blade glowed faintly yellow all over and when I swung it did, nothing. I tried using it on meat, and the blade easily and cleanly cut through the meat.

I tried several other abilities but none worked because they may need something else to happen to activate.

The last ability I wanted to try was【Scrap】which was another ability I got from the same person I got【Job – Butcher】from, so I used it on some meat I collected.

I placed my hand over some of the Horned Rabbit meat and spoke the word【Scrap】. Suddenly the meat flashed white for a second, and once the light quickly faded, I noticed that it looked in better condition.

[Goburei obtained item【 Horned Rabbit Meat】⨯1]

When I picked it up to eat it, I received a message. Just like when obtaining an item, it had now done the same. Maybe this message appears when an item with value is obtained, or maybe it has to have certain conditions to be known as an item.

Either way, I was happy with the results and headed off to see the others.

I hadn't noticed it, but the Beautiful Woman was also gone. In my wonder of using new abilities, she must have gotten bored and went to find something better to do.

Actually, thinking of her, I don't actually know anything about her still. Sigh, maybe one day she will tell me about her, but for now I will just put it aside.

While I walked around the cave, I saw the Female Goblin was happily speaking with some of the other Goblin women of the same age. I didn't really want to intrude, so I gave them a wave and continued on my way.

I found the Lone Goblin was still alone and sitting by herself in an area with not many other Goblins around.

She seemed to be doing something with her Horned Rabbit Horn, so I decided to speak with her.

「Hey Lone Goblin, what're you doing there」I spoke as I came up behind her.

「Eek!」She made a small sound and jumped from me speaking.

「Don't sneak up on people like that」She growled at me.

「I didn't mean anything bad by it, I'm just interested in what you're doing.」

「Uhm, well I don't really know. I just like to sit here and think」She said while looking up at me with her eyes wide.

「You know, you could always come speak with me whenever you want to」I said with a smile.

「Hmmm, maybe I will sometime」She smiled back at me.

「Okay, I'm going to leave you now, bye」I waved as I left.

The Lone Goblin has been opening up to me a lot more lately. I think she's going to be a great ally soon.

There isn't much else to do in the cave, so I decided to find the Nameless Goblin and have a spar with him for a while.

I quickly found him, and he happily agreed to sparring.

We threw many punches at each other and continued until we were both out of breath. Through the spar, I noticed that the Nameless Goblin has become much stronger, and his hits now were something I didn't want to block.

Since our sparring was over, I decided that for the rest of the day I wanted to get to know the other Goblins of the same age better.

Many of the Goblins had made their own groups of friends, but they still kept a high friendship with their party members too.

They were also all very different from each other, but still very similar, and they acted much like children.

I spent the rest of the day talking with many Goblins and learning about them all until it was night.

I decided that for our victory over the human village, that we would have a feast with as much meat as we wanted from inside the cave.

Everyone was very excited, and many of the Goblins couldn't wait.

I cooked most of the meat, and taught some of the other Goblins to do it too. I have many helpers now, and now they could cook for their parties too.

All of the Goblins in the cave came and enjoyed our cooked meats and enjoyed the loud chatter between each other.

After it had become late into the night and almost all the food was gone, the banquet was over and everybody headed off to bed, including me.