Chapter 2- Favorites

"Natasha, where are you?" I say into the phone which is at my ear.

Natasha Mehta. My best friend. She is quite outspoken, fierce, and bold. She is a living bomb always ready to explode. She's also the cheer captain of our school. She stood up for me one day in elementary when Melanie was picking on me. Melanie being the mean girl that Travis is dating. Ever since, we've been best of friends.

"Umm... I'm at a party..." she replies back and I hear a lot of people talking in the background. "Yeah... just a party."

"Why do you sound shady?" I ask and she nervously chuckles.

"Pfft... what? Shady and me? No fucking way," she mumbles nervously as if she's hiding something from me.

"Right," I reply back, not too convinced of what she's up to or where she's at. "Anyways, I have to go to dad's friend's thing. Talk to you later?"

"Sure Rae, bye," she says before hanging up.

I walk out of the bathroom and glance at myself in the mirror. I wore checkers skirt, black pantyhose, and a long sleeves black top. I pull out my black shoes and stare at myself in the mirror.

Involuntarily, I walk to my window and stare out to Travis' room where he's also getting ready. His back is facing me, but I could tell that he's looking handsome in his white shirt and black pants.

Ten bucks says that he's wearing a bow tie.

After a moment he turns around to pick something up from his bed and I notice his black bow tie. I smile to myself because of how perfectly I know him.

I pull my brunette waves up into a messy ponytail, tucking some strands behind my ears and leaving some out. I look around for my glasses and put them on as soon as I find them.

I wear the fake glasses to blend in with the other nerds so I am also seen as one. Standing out will only come to bite me later. It's better to be ordinary than stand out in the crowd and receive attention.

Suddenly, mom walks inside and smiles. "Oh darling, you look beautiful as always."

"Thanks mom," I smile at her as she comes towards me and kisses my forehead. "Are we leaving now?"

"Yes, whenever you're ready," she smiles and dad also walks into my room.

He smiles warmly and gives me a side hug. "You're looking beautiful as always."

"And you also clean up well," I smile, revealing my dimples.

"Do you like the matching colors?" He points to mom and himself.

They are both wearing purple. Mom wore a purple dress whereas dad wore a purple shirt with black tie, suit and pants.

"It screams goals."

"Very well. Shall we?" He extends his arm out for mom to take and she smiles as she takes his arm.

_______

It is loud!

Annoyingly and overbearingly loud!

Why are there so many people here?

It would've been better if I'd stayed home and watched Netflix in my pajamas.

As an introvert, I hate parties. But, I'm still at one.

It seems like a high school party and there are people everywhere; from the hallways to the stairs to the balcony to the pool to the backyard.

I have no idea where to go so I stay with mom and dad as they try to find Mr and Mrs. Hill.