Chapter 3- Ferrari

Chapter 3- Ferrari

"Thank you so much for coming Daniel, it meant a lot to us," I hear Mr. Hill talking downstairs.

Quickly, I pull my hair up into a bun with some strands falling down. I wear my glasses and a cardigan to go downstairs to greet them then leave for school.

Yesterday night was crazy. Unbelievably crazy.

Travis and I talked for so long. It was a genuine conversation and I didn't think it was forced. He genuinely seemed interested in getting to know me and I have no idea why.

Maybe I'm thinking about it too much.

It might not even be as serious as I'm making it out to be. He talks to everyone the way he talked to me. Except for the fact that he wanted to get to know me. That's not him. Usually he just hooks up with girls and never speaks to them again.

Damn, thinking about it makes me furious.

"Oh yes, she is upstairs," dad answers to a question which I didn't hear. "Renae?"

"Coming Dad," I answer as I sprint my way out of my bedroom and to the stairs.

Just as I'm halfway down the stairs, I notice a familiar figure talking to my parents. "It's actually going well."

"There she is," Mr. Hill smiles sweetly at me and I return another small smile.

Suddenly, everybody stops talking and stares at me as I walk down the stairs. Mom and Mrs. Hill come out of the kitchen and look at me.

My eyes are fixated on one person whose back is currently facing me. Is it who I think it is? My eyes widen when he turns around and sees me walking down the stairs.

"Hey glasses," he waves at me and I awkwardly walk towards them, feeling weird about getting all the attention.

"Hey," I mumble under my breath.

I walk over to Mr. Hill and give him a side hug. If you didn't already know, I am quite close to Mr and Mrs. Hill. They have always treated me like their own daughter when I go to their house. This is why I'm also a little closer to Tyler and Ted.

Mostly Ted though because we are alike. We love reading, studying, and talking about mostly studies and what we want to become when we grow up.

"Good morning dear," Mr. Hill greets me.

"Good morning, how are you guys feeling after that crazy party last night?" I try to make small talk because I feel comfortable around them.

Usually, I'm not the one to approach someone right off the bat. It takes me a long time to get comfortable but once I'm comfortable, I don't shut my mouth.

It's all or none for me.

"It was crazy, wasn't it?" Mrs. Hill agrees with me. "I told Adam that too many people will be a bad idea but he didn't listen."

"Darling, we don't get to celebrate our 25th anniversary every year. It only comes once and I wanted it to be nice," Mr. Hill answers.

"Technically, your anniversary is today. So, you both could celebrate it together and that too alone," I suggest and they smile at me.

"Huh, never thought of that," Mr. Hill answers and then pulls out his phone to text someone. "Just canceled my meetings, I'm ready Jen."

"You did?" Mrs. Hill sounds shocked because Mr. Hill gives a lot of importance to his business which is thriving because of his consistency but I think he should give more attention to Mrs. Hill.