Chapter 6- Truth Or Truth

"Why don't we play only truth? It'll be more fun," Ted suggests, sensing my uneasiness. He knows how much I hate this game and how I embarrassed myself once in front of a large audience.

"Yeah that works," Natasha agrees as Tyler and Travis also nod.

"Sure," I also agree.

We all sit down on the ground in the living room. I quickly take a pillow to put on my lap because I am currently wearing a T-shirt and shorts. These shorts are kind of too short and I never let anybody see me in them.

Natasha sat next to me, Tyler next to her, Travis next to him, and Ted in between Travis and I. Just great! If it lands on me, Travis gets to ask me a question.

"Okay, so who's starting?" Ted asks and looks around.

"Well, we have a bottle," Travis grabs his water bottle that he fetched from the kitchen and rolls it on the ground.

Silently, I am praying that it never lands on me And what do you know? It worked! The cap landed on Natasha while on the other side was Ted.

"Ooh," Natasha breathes out as everybody looks up at Ted, waiting to ask a question.

"Let's start easy Nat. On a scale of 1-10, how annoying is Tyler?" Ted asks and we all look at Natasha for an answer.

She chuckles. "The scale will break."

"Of course, he's the most annoying out of us three," Ted laughs.

"Okay, I'll spin it next," Natasha spins the bottle, excitedly.

It lands on Travis.

"I'll ask," Natasha jumps at this opportunity.

I swear to God that this girl will embarrass me by asking Travis a ridiculous question.

"Have you ever fallen in love?" Natasha asks, looking at me for a brief second then looking back at Travis.

Exactly! Ridiculous!

My eyes travel to his face but he's looking straight at her. "No," he answers back.

"Why?" Natasha shoots back and Travis shrugs.

"I only need to answer to one question at a time, Nat," he smiles then spins the bottle again.

It lands on him again and he cusses as Natasha smiles viciously. "So, why haven't you?"

Ha!

Take that, Travis! Karma got you!

"Fuck," he softly murmurs and then looks at me for a brief second then back at Natasha. "Because it's not good for me."

"What do you mean?" Ted asks now, curious of why his brother only has flings and not real relationships.

"Don't push it Ted," Travis smirks.

"You know you'll have to answer when it lands on you right?" Tyler asks with a smile.

"I'll answer when it lands on me again then," Travis says then spins the bottle again.

It doesn't land on him.

For the longest time, it hasn't landed on me and I am thankful for that. It keeps going back and forth from Natasha, Tyler, and Ted. Travis was only asked two questions and that was all.

I am enjoying this but I don't want them to ask me certain questions to which I will have to lie to them for. I hate lying, but I will have to lie to protect them from a monster.

Lying to them is the only way to protect them.

Every day I wake and think about what happened ten years ago. Everything I went through. Everything that happened. Everyone who got hurt.

I don't think I have enough courage to lose anyone else. Anyone whom I care about.

Please.

"Rae," a voice pulls me back from those horrifying memories.

"Huh?" I ask in confusion.

"It landed on you," Natasha softly whispers.

I look at the other end and it's Travis.

Oh no.

"So, glasses, why are you so mysterious?" Travis asks.

Is that his question?

"Mysterious?" Ted laughs. "Bro, she is quite literally an open book."

"I don't think so," he clicks his tongue and stares at me. I pull my glasses up to avoid looking him in the eye. "I think she's hiding something."

"Yeah? Like what?" I ask, not getting scared of him and his stupid questions.

He shrugs again. "I don't know but I'll find it out."

"Well to answer your question, I don't know why I am so mysterious to you because I'm not," I answer back.

I spin the bottle and it lands on Travis. I look up and so does he. "Well well well..."

"Why did you say that love isn't good for you?" I ask, surprising everyone else even myself.

What the heck?

Why would I ask such a stupid question?

I quickly regret asking and keep looking at the bottle in front of me. There is a long moment of silence before Ted breaks it. "Answer her question, Travis."

"For me, love is unnecessary. Love might be great and all for some people but it doesn't mean commitment and compatibility. Being in a relationship is a waste of time because most likely it will break. So, why not just mess around when you can?" Travis answers and the others just leave it with a nod.

I keep thinking about it for a good minute.

That is just wrong on so many levels. He has gotten it all wrong. Completely wrong.

"It is the willingness to be in a relationship that holds you together for good," I debate and they all look at me.

"Then, what's your answer to when you aren't happy in a relationship?" Travis asks me.

I stare at him dead in the eye and continue. "Happiness is always temporary in a relationship. It's your willingness to keep that temporary happiness, forever in your lives which makes a relationship last."

That actually shuts him up because he doesn't say anything else. He just stares at me with blank expressions.

Everybody else is also shocked that I chose to debate over this topic. Well, I had seen the love of my parents. They had been high school sweethearts and had hard time in their relationships but they went through everything.

They have always taught me to speak up when something is wrong. Or when someone is mistaken.

I look away, waiting for him to spin the bottle.

Travis smirks and looks at Ted. "Told you, mysterious."

Then every single eye in this room is on me.

God damnit! Why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut?

_______

Don't forget to support me by voting, commenting, following, and sharing!

I love you guys!