Chapter 4- Possessions

"Damn, he let you sit in his car?" Tyler exclaims in disappointment. "I can't believe this."

"You know this is huge right? I haven't been able to touch his car for the past year," Ted shakes his head and takes a bite from his sandwich.

"Right?" Natasha sips on her apple juice.

"During summer I wanted to mess with him and so I decided to take it out for a drive. The second I put my foot in his car, Dom came out of nowhere. Dom being the watchdog that he is for Travis, attracted attention. So, I quickly let it go and then at night do you know what he did?" Tyler starts telling the story.

"Wait what?" I ask, curious to find out why they're making this such a big deal.

"At night, while I was sleeping peacefully, he came into my room and chopped off my hair," Tyler answered and my mouth hung open.

"What?" I ask clearly shocked as Tyler, Ted, and Natasha nod in return. "I had been always wondering why you chopped off your hair over the summer. Dang, he did that?"

"Yeah, he's a psycho," Ted adds and Tyler nods in agreement. "when it comes to his possessions, he is ready to go above and beyond."

His possessions.

Now I can't believe he let me sit in his car.

What if he comes at my house and chops off my hair?

I gasp and my hand flies to my head. Thankfully they're still here.

"What if he does the same thing to me?" I think out loud.

"I doubt that. Didn't you say that he offered?" Ted asks and I nod in return, scared for my hair. "Yeah, there's a good chance he won't."

"That's not a chance I'm willing to take," I mumble back, taking a bite of the mini carrots.

Suddenly, I feel someone hovering behind me. I look forward and find Tyler, Natasha, and Ted staring at something behind me.

I raise my brow and Natasha purses her lips and looks at the thing then back at me. "What?"

"Hello there, glasses," an all too familiar voice calls from behind and I keep my eyes forward, shocked.

An image of my hair being chopped off passes my mind and I swallow.

"Uh- hey there Travis," I try my hardest to sound as enthusiastic as I could but fail miserably. "It's Renae, by the way."

"I needed you for something, glasses, you mind coming with me?" He asks as he sits down next to me.

Okay then, so be it. Glasses.

I look to my right with a forced smile and raise my brow. "Um... for what?"

"Just come, you'll find out," he insists.

"I think Ted needs me for something," I turn back to Ted, mentally begging him to say yes. "Right, Ted?"

He takes a bite from his burger and shakes his head in confusion. "No, I think I'm fine for now."

Really Ted? Really?

Why would you betray me like that?

"Well then," I look back at Travis.

"Okay, lets go," He hurries and stands up as I take all the time in the world. "I got it."

He grabs my backpack and waits for me with a small smile on his face. "Alright then," I slowly get up and keep looking at Natasha, Tyler, and Ted to say something but nothing.