SCENE 13 - THE FOREST

( TANIKA runs on stage, lost and scared. She stops to look around, when she hears a voice offstage. )

HAYDEN

(Offstage)

Tanika! Oh Tanika! Where are you?

(TANIKA freezes in fear once she first hears the voice, but quickly hides in front of a tree. HAYDEN enters, behind the tree, unknowing where exactly she is, but knowing she's close.)

HAYDEN

Tanika! Oh Tanika, please answer me. I don't want to have to punish you anymore than I have to. Just come out. We both know you want to. Aw, sweetheart, no response? Come on. Why so stubborn? Is it because of your friends? Oh don't worry, we took care of them. I was so shocked, I didn't know Echo could scream that loud.

(TANIKA gasps and covers her mouth. HAYDEN hears this and approaches her. He reaches around the tree, covering her mouth with his hand.)

HAYDEN

Boo.

(TANIKA jumps sideways, away from the tree and HAYDEN. He walks around the tree, facing her.)

HAYDEN

Oh don't look so scared, we both knew I'd find you eventually.

(TANIKA tries to run, but HAYDEN grabs her wrist before she can.)

HAYDEN

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Such a bad girl you are, trying to escape.

TANIKA

You asshole, I'm not dealing with your bullshit anymore.

HAYDEN

Oh don't be so stupid. Once you're back with me, I'll make sure you're back to your usual self again.

TANIKA

That isn't going to happen. I-

HAYDEN

Oh shh, shh, my apprentice. I promise I'll be gentle if you behave.

(TANIKA tries to punch HAYDEN, but he grabs her other wrist and swings her around, throwing her on the ground.)

HAYDEN

You're really going to wish you hadn't done that. Sadly, you did, so now I'm going to torture you mercilessly until you are screaming in pain. Understood?

TANIKA

N-No! No, I don't want this!

HAYDEN

I didn't ask if you wanted it, I asked if you understood.

TANIKA

Well I don't!

HAYDEN

What do you not understand?

TANIKA

I don't understand what you think the definition of "no" is. I said no, and that means we're not doing it!

HAYDEN

It doesn't matter if you say no.

TANIKA

That's bullshit!

HAYDEN

Hahaha, oh no. That's punishment, Tanika. Now, come on.

TANIKA

I'm not going anywhere with you.

HAYDEN

Oh, we'll see about that.

(HAYDEN grabs TANIKA'S arms and drags her off stage, kicking and screaming.)