Poor Immune System Peter

Peter's POV:

I wake up covered in sweat and with a pulsing headache.

"Uuughhh..." I moan, trying to crack my eyes open.

Last night I was out on patrol and it had started to snow.  It's the middle of January, and in New York that means it's bitter cold outside.

I know I have school today but all I want to do is lay down and sleep.

I hear a knock at my door.

"Peter it's time to get up for school." Aunt May says through the door.

"Okay." I manage out, hoping she didn't notice the slight pain in my voice.

Luckily, as I had replied, she must not have picked anything up because she walked away.

I pushed my covers back and placed my feet on the floor.  When I stood up I was careful to make sure I wasn't going to pass out.

It seemed that the only thing affecting me was my headache.  Maybe I could make it through the day.

I walk over to my dresser and pick out a long sleeved shirt with a science pun on it and a pair of jeans.

I walk out to the hallway and into the bathroom.

I look at myself in the mirror and see my face all flushed and sweaty.  I turn on the faucet and splash some water on my face to try and take care of that.

Finally satisfied with the results, I move on to brush my teeth and try to straighten out my curly hair.

I walk back to my room and put on socks and my sneakers before grabbing my backpack and going to eat breakfast.

"Morning May." I say when I reach the kitchen, finding May at the stove making breakfast.

"Good morning Peter.  How did you sleep last night?"

"Great." I lied and sat down at the the table.

"That's good." May says.

While I'm waiting for my breakfast I lay my head down on the table and, I must doze off for a sec, because the next thing I register is the smell of something burning.

I jolt up and look over to see May trying to control the steam coming from a pan.

Once she has it under control she looks over at me.  We stare at each other before bursting into laughter.  No matter how bad I felt a second ago I finally feel a bit better.  Aunt May is the best at that.

Eventually we settle down and May scoops up the burnt eggs onto a plate.

I didn't mind eating burnt food.  Aunt May is super smart and is good at many things, but cooking is not one of them.

Once I finish eating I put my plate and fork in the sink and hug Aunt May goodbye.

"See ya later May." I say.

"Be careful Peter.  I'll be at work till six in the morning tomorrow so please be careful tonight while I'm not here.  Be sure to text me when you get back from school and again before you go to bed so I know you're fine." she says.

"I will May.  Love you."

"Love you too."

I break the embrace and grab my backpack before heading to the door.

"Don't forget a coat Peter, it's freezing out." I hear May say from the kitchen.

"Okay." I reply.