Even The Invincible Iron Man Can Get Sick

Third Person POV:

Tony felt terrible.

There was no doubt about that.

He had woken up that morning with a terrible headache and some nausea.

Yeah, what a great start to the day.

Tony felt completely drained and had even given into the thought of just laying in bed all day.

Which was so unlike him.

Usually Tony hated sleep and often pulled all nighters, that is, until a certain spider child decided to nearly copy everything he did. He didn't want Peter to follow into his bad habits so Tony begrudgingly went to bed and slept at night.

When Tony's feet made contact with the cold floor of the ground below, he couldn't help but shiver and let out a gasp. Quickly bringing his feet back up.

Hugging the comforter tightly around his body, he tried a second attempt at getting out of bed.

Luckily this time he was successful, though his reward was painful and cold.

He took in a breath of the cold air and coughed, moving the comforter so that he could cough into the warm fabric.

This day just kept getting worse and worse.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y.," Tony's voice sounded dry and sickly. "What time is it?"

"It is exactly 8:34 sir," The AI responded. "I would suggest staying in bed today as you have a fever of approximately 101.2 degrees. Would you like me to alert Ms. Potts?"

"No, no! That won't be necessary F.R.I." Tony responds, not really wanting Pepper to know yet. "I'll tell her myself even though I'm sure it looks obvious. If I feel this shitty on the inside, I'm sure I look it on the outside."

And he was right.

Looking into a mirror, Tony saw dark circles under his eyes. Sweat coated his forehead even though he was freezing, and his hair was a tangley and sweaty mess as well.

All around, he looked terrible.

Tony decided to take a hot shower that he hoped would make him look and feel better.

He turned the water as hot as he could and got in.

It felt good and helped him into a more awake state.

He could do it.

He could take on the day and forget all about whatever the fuck bug decided to crawl into his system.

That state of mind however, left when he emerged from the shower.

The headache returned to what felt like ten times worse, and the nausea too.

"Ugghhhhh." Tony groaned and put a hand on his forehead.

"What the fuck Tony?" Pepper's voice came from out of nowhere.

"Holy shit Pep, where did you come from?" Tony exclaims, moving the hand down onto his arc reactor. Pepper had scared the shit out of him.

"Holy shit yourself Tony," Pepper moves into the bathroom and over to Tony. "Here, let me help."

Pepper places her hand softly on Tony's forehead.

"You have a fever." She confirms.

"Yeah I know," Tony responds. "F.R.I. told me."

"Well why wasn't I informed? You shouldn't be up Tony. You need to be in bed."

"I was going to tell you. Guess I don't need to do that now." Tony mumbles.