Peter and Morgan

Third Person POV:

Peter had never had a sibling before, nevertheless a sister.  So one of the many surprises of coming back from the dead five years later was the discovery of Morgan.

It was a great surprise amidst all the pain that Tony Stark's death brought.

Pepper and Happy had introduced the siblings to one another.  Morgan of course knew immediately who he was.

"You're my older brother Peter," she had said confidently.  "Daddy said that you were gone but that he would bring you back to us."

The young girl had walked forward then and wrapped her small arms around Peter's waist.  Peter immediately returned the hug.

It felt so warm and comforting.

From then on Peter vowed to never let anything happen to Morgan.  He would always be there for her and be the best big brother the universe had ever seen.

So there they were, on the floor in the middle of Morgan's bedroom, playing with Legos.

"Do you think Leia wants to hold a blue or a green lightsaber?" Morgan asks as she holds up the two toys.

"How about both?" Peter suggests.

"Yes!" Morgan agrees in excitement.  "All the dark side bad guys better watch out because Leia is coming with two lightsabers to kick their butts!"

Peter laughs at that.

They continue playing until Morgan randomly brings up something.  Something that Peter still had problems talking about.

"So what was Daddy like before I was born?"

The question completely catches Peter off guard.

"W-what?" Peter stutters.

"What was Daddy like before me?" The young girl asks again.

In all honesty, Peter wanted to avoid the question.

"He was amazing," Peter finally says. "We worked in the lab nearly every day together. He was funny, kind, caring, and sarcastic. He would get grumpy from time to time but could always be cheered up with some cheeseburgers."

Morgan laughs at that and Peter joins in.

"What was Dad like when he was here with you?" Peter asks Morgan.

"He was just as awesome as you said he was," Morgan responds enthusiastically.  "But he was also really sad because he missed you. He would always smile and be happy to have a tea party or play hide and seek with me, but sometimes I would see him crying and really upset with Mommy. He really wanted you to come back. I did too."

Peter felt a few tears brimming as he listened to what Morgan said. Peter was back now, but at the cost of losing their father.

Sometimes Peter would blame himself for Tony's death. He felt like if he had been stronger or faster he could have saved Tony.

One time Peter told Pepper about the guilt he felt about Tony's death but she had immediately wrapped him in a hug and had told him to not think for one second that it was his fault. Pepper told him that it was Tony's choice and that he would have done it again in a heartbeat if it meant keeping his family safe.

"Petey are you okay?" Morgan gives him a concerned look.

"Yeah I'm fine Mo. Just a bit sad."

"Wanna go get some cheeseburgers? They make everything better." Morgan stands up and reaches for her brother's arm.