4 Exit to the Past

Many years ago

"Aaron where are you?"

An eight years old kid name Aaron who lay down to a Bermuda grass while playing his toy cars, hurriedly stand up."Mommy I'm here!" shouting to her mother while waving his little hands so his mother can see him.

His Mother smiled at him and come closer to where he is playing."The sun's rays are so hot Baby. Why? Where you playing in this itchy Bermuda grass with your toys?" "I can't play with my car toys in there, Mom. I'm scared of the dark, there's no Light in that house mom, it's like a haunted house it's creepy." She swiftly sweeps the dirt from the back of the kid's clothes."My baby is becoming impatient are we? Our maids and the things are not yet in here.There are still in manila. Your dad doesn't have time to bring the things and also ManangLoding and April here in Oroquieta city baby. So be patient and please understand your daddy, alright baby." His Mother's voice is so nice to hear to the delectable little ears of Aaron it has a gentle and sweet tone the way the words spill out to her mouth it's so sweet to hear. Unlike his father's voice who has always wear a serious and angrily hard tone. Who always have an authority or demand voice. Aaron is totally scared of his father but his father's attitudes towards him are kind and soft.Whenever his father returns home from work he would play toy cars with him. However his father is not constantly coming home at all times and sometimes he comes home after a year or a half because he is a soldier. His mom wipes away the sweat from his forehead down to his back. "Let's eat! I cooked your favorite food, fried chicken!"

"Mommy, when will daddy come home?"He innocently questioned his mom.

"And Mommy, why did we move here in Oroquieta city?"

My mother holds my hand as we walk together returning from our new called house, that's looked like a cottage. It's so small unlike in manila that we have a mansion. We are in front of a man made mini forest now and it looks like a hide out to me.

"My baby Aaron doesn't like it here? Do you? Your cousins are living in here. You well love it here that's a promise, now you are not alone playing with your toy cars because your cousins are here they can be your playmate."Little Aaron's mouth blows air. "It's different from manila." "Very, because This place is more beautiful, peaceful, and has fresh air, Aaron don't worry we will come back to manila if the time will come that your father's works are fine and well done. But for now we need to be here for safety purposes." He nods his head as he agrees.

"Mommy where is daddy now?" mom stilled and then smiled at me. "He's somewhere saving people's lives. Your dad is a superhero!" Aaron smiled. "Mommy, someday when I grow up can I be a superhero too?" She messed my hair. "Yes of course baby you can be the kindness superhero like daddy.""Kindness?"

"Softhearted,caring and lovable." Mom hugs him. "You can be a hero now, actually. You can help people and that makes you a hero.""Without guns? I want a gun, mommy." "If you're old enough.You can have a gun. But for now just help who needs your help. For example if I need your help in carrying a basket full of foods in the market, if you're playing with your cousins make sure they are safe so they would not be hurt, if there is an older person who is passing by in a highway who needs help you will be their helping guide. Okay baby." He nods.

Aaron was born a hero. Even if his mother would not say something to help others, he will help and help who are in needs of help.

"Aaron!!!" His cousins are Levi and Jan who's shouting his name for help. "Why?" he turned in their direction while he is playing basketball with Arniel and Kobe. His cousin Kobe hurriedly stole the ball from his hand and shoot, again he loses the game twice. "Adrian was trap, chasing the cat from a tree he can't climb down because of the dogs surrounding the tree where the cat is. Adrian is scarred of the dogs. " Jan who had the same age as him was telling all what had happened and now breathing heavily because of running. "He is crying. He's helpless in there." "Where?" panicked strike in his heart as the thought that his little cousin is in a big trouble. His cousin needs him."There! There!" a running Levi pointed out where Adrian's location is.

Outside of the house's of Kobe. They all run and seen the helpless Adrian crying while hiding in the branch of a tree while the dogs are barking angrily at him. "Help me please! Someone help me!"Adrian while crying and shouting at the top of his lungs. "How can we help him, Aaron? The dogs are so huge!" Arniel said. Aaron bravely walks towards the dogs. "Aaron! Be careful of a dog's bite it hurts so badly!"

Levi said to him stopping him from moving forward. He stop and shout at Adrian to let go of the cat that his holding.

His not scared of the dog's bites. As long as Adrian is safe he will endure the pain if ever he will be bitten by the dogs. "Aaron can do it, god is within him." "ADRIAN !" I called him as soon as he let go of the cat his holding "Run from the gate now." As we run together hand in hand from the gate, where my cousins are waiting I pray to god my braveness and thanking him for our safety and my wisdom. As my cousins are cheering my braveness to save Adrian they shouted 'you're our hero'.

I felt proud. I'm a hero!