The Discovery

Once everyone in the building had left, Belinda finally sat up, looking around. The place was empty, and the hallways were dark. The building was on the creepy side, and it made Belinda shiver at the sight of it. This had not been the first time Kristy left her behind. She had been left in multiple locations before, such as the library, the playground, even behind Kristy's friend's couch. 

Belinda reassured herself that Kristy would return for her soon. 

The doll hopped off the bench, her eyes wandering around the room in wonder. She decided to look around the place.  

She walked up and down the deserted halls, the faint sound of her footsteps echoed closely behind her. She searched through many rooms, but most of them were either empty or locked. 

Belinda quietly walked through the doors to the auditorium, her eyes searching the empty rows of seats. She traveled through the entrance that led behind the stage. Backstage, she discovered a stairwell that lead underneath the stage to yet another hallway. 

The wooden stairs creeped ever so slightly as she made her way down them. She traveled through the hall, her hand slowly brushing against the concrete wall. 

The place smelt as of mildew, and the air was cold and damp enough to give you goosebumps.  

The female's eyes lit up  as she spotted a wooden door with a golden star plastered on the front with the name "Slappy" labeled across in cursive letters. She entered the room with excitement, only to find it empty. 

She looked around cautiously and carefully. It was a dressing room. Inside, there were posters of  Slappy, his wooden lips curled into a winning smile. A small lamp faintly glowed as it sat on a table in front of a mirror. In the middle of the room sat a fairly large leather trunk. 

Belinda eyes caught on something perched on the edge of the table. She walked up to it, and picked up the object with curiosity, realizing it was a glass bottle of men's cologne. She unscrewed the cap and smelled it, but inhaled the deep scent far too quickly, causing her to sneeze, accidentally dropping the bottle onto the floor. 

"No!!" She shouted in fear, but it was too late.

The bottle descended with a loud shatter. Belinda got down on her knees in panic, quickly collecting the broken pieces into her hand. 

"What have I done?" She said with a sigh, as she cleaned up the mess. "I'm so clumsy..."

"And beautiful..." Said another, yet deeper voice.